This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFVII Tifa's Bootleg... do you really lose your Steam achievements for the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFVII Tifa's Bootleg... do you really lose your Steam achievements for the game?

User Info: Darkcloud20

Darkcloud20
3 years ago#11
calcycle posted...
Loss of cloud saves kind of kills it for me, I like playing from desktop to laptop without having to manually transfer my saves around.

The Squenix cloud is pretty bad though.... there is a tool to get the achievments anyway but Its probably not allowed to talk about it here.
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
(message deleted)

User Info: MadPinoRage

MadPinoRage
3 years ago#13
They're just achievements. No big deal.
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

User Info: Gawl9427

Gawl9427
3 years ago#14
MaKhaos posted...
Kyle1022 posted...
So if I play through the game normally and get all the achievements, then mod it after, I will LOSE the achievements on steam? Are you all sure about that...? I find it odd that it would do that. I could see not being able to earn them, but why have ones you've already earned be deleted?

I assume it is along the lines of a VAC ban but just losing achievements. I remember my brother saying he played with a friend on Saints Row 3 coop and his firiend used cheat codes and lost achievements or something.

I like your sig :)
AMD Athlon X4 635 @ 3.26 GHz | 8GB DDR2 | GTX 460 768mb | Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P |
Steam: ketherx | Gamertag: Kether

User Info: staleyoption

staleyoption
3 years ago#15
I have a save file around 12 hours in on steam. If i install tifas bootleg, will i have to start over again?

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
3 years ago#16
It's essentially a completely different port. You lose everything.

You get none of the features of the new port on Steam, because it's NOT that port. It's a different one.

User Info: Darkcloud20

Darkcloud20
3 years ago#17
You also don't lose achievments. You just can't get new ones because the game looses its steam hooks in the modding process.
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FFVII Tifa's Bootleg... do you really lose your Steam achievements for the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived