This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the DRM-free retail releases in recent years?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the DRM-free retail releases in recent years?

User Info: hijokaiden

hijokaiden
3 years ago#1
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series
Divinity: Original Sin
Risen 3: Titan Lords

Am I missing anything?
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
(message deleted)

hijokaiden
3 years ago#3
Bump.
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 years ago#4
Anything on GOG.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

hijokaiden
3 years ago#5
Lonestar2000 posted...
Anything on GOG.

None of which are "RETAIL" releases.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 years ago#6
hijokaiden posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Anything on GOG.

None of which are "RETAIL" releases.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

hijokaiden
3 years ago#7
... Retail Release is a physical copy release, not a digital download.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition was published by Warner DRM-free.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 years ago#8
erm im pretty sure the witcher 2 was like the witcher 1 in that it was released with drm but patched out.

Note that patch 1.1 removes the DRM.[27] Tech Spot claimed, based on user reports, that the DRM on the retail version of The Witcher 2 drastically reduced frame rates and increased load times.[28] Patch 1.1 reportedly increased frame rate simply by removing the DRM

from wikipedia

http://www.techspot.com/news/43989-the-witcher-2-patch-11-removes-drm-boosts-framerate.html

hijokaiden
3 years ago#9
johnny_pay posted...
erm im pretty sure the witcher 2 was like the witcher 1 in that it was released with drm but patched out.

Note that patch 1.1 removes the DRM.[27] Tech Spot claimed, based on user reports, that the DRM on the retail version of The Witcher 2 drastically reduced frame rates and increased load times.[28] Patch 1.1 reportedly increased frame rate simply by removing the DRM

from wikipedia

http://www.techspot.com/news/43989-the-witcher-2-patch-11-removes-drm-boosts-framerate.html

No, the Enhanced Edition retail release of The Witcher 2 never had any DRM to speak of.

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
3 years ago#10
Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition is one. The version that came out in 2012 was a retail DRM-free version, while the 2014 HD version was on Steam.

I know have a couple other retail DRM-free games from the past couple years, but they're in a box in another room that I can't get to right now (and can't remember which ones they are).
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the DRM-free retail releases in recent years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived