This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does my desktop have the worst specs ever? Is it salvagable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does my desktop have the worst specs ever? Is it salvagable?

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
3 years ago#21
decent deal after rebate if your pc can handle it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127752
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#22
beautifuldreams posted...

That seems like the best fit for TC's CPU and will allow you to play most modern games, albeit at lower settings/resolution, while maxing older titles.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 years ago#23
JKatarn posted...
beautifuldreams posted...

That seems like the best fit for TC's CPU and will allow you to play most modern games, albeit at lower settings/resolution, while maxing older titles.

I disagree, Windows 8.1 will maximize his gaming potential to levels of unfathomable success.
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
3 years ago#24
It's not TOO awful given you stick a decent GPU in it, but yeah i still wouldnt expect it to run anything new. By anything new, I mean, anything that is on a next gen console.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
3 years ago#25
JonWood007 posted...
It's not TOO awful given you stick a decent GPU in it, but yeah i still wouldnt expect it to run anything new. By anything new, I mean, anything that is on a next gen console.

TBH I don't care too much about that. I would like to run PCSX2 really well though. Am I stuck with my mediocre CPU?
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#26
I would not expect PCSX2 to run well on account of the weak CPU. You're not necessarily stuck with that CPU (as I said earlier, it depends on what your motherboard supports), but upgrading the CPU is probably not worth the investment.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#27
I'm sure more popular games would run alright but my OCd 3570k struggles with a lot of my personal favorites.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#28
Thamauturge posted...
JonWood007 posted...

TBH I don't care too much about that. I would like to run PCSX2 really well though. Am I stuck with my mediocre CPU?

I wouldn't count on it - generally emulation is fairly CPU intensive, and PS2 emulation is particularly CPU intensive given the systems complexity, so you need at least a solid i3/i5 machine at 3.4+ Ghz to get "good" results with the popular games (you'll still likely see the odd frameskip/FPS drops that wouldn't occur natively on such a machine).
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does my desktop have the worst specs ever? Is it salvagable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived