This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why does my hdtv lose signal when i load a game, but my monitor displays picture

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. why does my hdtv lose signal when i load a game, but my monitor displays picture

User Info: Trance_Fan

Trance_Fan
2 years ago#1
i have it on duplicate display btw

this didn't give me an issue when i had one radeon card but now that i'm crossfiring it started doing this

i want the picture to be on either both monitor and tv or just tv if i have to choose one for gaming
i think it's nice

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
2 years ago#2
Have you tried setting the TV as your main display when you want to play a game?
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 years ago#3
Swap the cords if you're lazy, like me
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: betatech

betatech
2 years ago#4
You could try Windows+P to switch displays.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.

Trance_Fan
2 years ago#5
MyDogSkip posted...
Have you tried setting the TV as your main display when you want to play a game?

how do i do that? it doesn't give me the option..unless i unplug my monitor and just game with the tv hdmi?
i think it's nice

User Info: Lvthn

Lvthn
2 years ago#6
Go to resolution settings to enable, disable, or make a display the main display. You can keep both plugged in and just switch which one you feed video to from your control panel.

Trance_Fan
2 years ago#7
Lvthn posted...
Go to resolution settings to enable, disable, or make a display the main display. You can keep both plugged in and just switch which one you feed video to from your control panel.

i did that but when i load a game my tv losses signal and my monitor is the one that only displays i..before it was both displaying images
i think it's nice

User Info: Winpus

Winpus
2 years ago#8
Is your game running at a resolution/refresh rate the TV supports?

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
2 years ago#9
Winpus posted...
Is your game running at a resolution/refresh rate the TV supports?

yes..when i'm on desktop or watching a movie it's duplicate but when i load a game only my monitor displays
i think it's nice

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 years ago#10
Swap the cords. I'm assuming they're both HDMI though
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. why does my hdtv lose signal when i load a game, but my monitor displays picture

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived