This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a CHEAP LAPTOP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a CHEAP LAPTOP

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 years ago#1
So my mom needs a new laptop. Shes HATES windows 8.
Here's what she needs:

Dual Core Processor
4GB DDR3
DVD DRIVE
Windows 7 Compatible (doesnt need windows 7 on it but it needs to have driver support for 7.)
15" Screen
Webcam
No more than $350 Shipped.

I checked newegg but apparently HP doesn't support 7 anymore so thats outta the question. I found some dells but apparently dell isnt good anymore? and last but not least Asus but apparently ASUS laptops are bad?

So can you guys flash some insight. I should be able to find all of that for $350 and I just want to be able to install 7. IDC if it comes with 8 because we have a Windows 7 disc etc. But no point buying a laptop with no Driver support, then again won't windows 7 automatically find all the drivers or no? Windows 8 drivers wouldnt work on 7? I know vista drivers worked on 7.

Basically I just need a Windows 7 compatable computer with decent browsing speed a webcam and a DVD drive. If that's even possible.
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 years ago#2
If you're not going to spend at least $500 just get her a tablet.

User Info: ivanderland

ivanderland
3 years ago#3
If you're just looking for a cheap internet machine, there's no reason you couldn't look at a cheap Asus or even Acer laptop. Sure, build quality has suffered compared to higher end builds, but cheap is cheap for a reason.
I reccomend looking at a low tier Lenovo, they tend to make good quality travel friendly laptops.

iemerg_
3 years ago#4
Tried the netbooks, too slow no drive etc.
Tried tablets she wants something bigger/better with no touch or windows 8.

I don't care the brand per say but I can't find anything that meets my criteria.

iemerg_
3 years ago#5
How would this be?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Black-15.6-Inspiron-15-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i3-4030U-Processor-4GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8.1/36976916

i3
4gb memory
1tb hdd
windows 7 drivers
15.6" screen
dvd tray

$400 I'll just chip in the rest.How is the i3 in comparison to the pentium and celerons now? worth the extra? is dell decent>?

iemerg_
3 years ago#6
Also I see all these laptops with touchpads that don't have buttons how do these work? are they better?

User Info: ChickenAndJuice

ChickenAndJuice
3 years ago#7
Nope

User Info: Pantieman

Pantieman
3 years ago#8
the touchpad have button its build right in the pad
you kill me, i die

User Info: mikewu1

mikewu1
3 years ago#9
mainstream support for windows 7 will end soon so I doubt any new computers will have 7 on them. Unless you are in the clearance section of websites. Dell still has a few Windows 7 laptops i believe but again they are in the clearance section.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a CHEAP LAPTOP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived