This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ethernet Cable: Is Cat 6 the best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ethernet Cable: Is Cat 6 the best?

User Info: SgtInfinity

SgtInfinity
3 years ago#21
There isn't an industry standard specs definition for Cat7 yet, which is why its not recommended to jump to Cat7.

I can go to the store and pickup cat6 cables and I'll know what I'm buying. If I buy "cat7" cables, from two different companies, their specs can be completely different.

It's also not misnamed, it's definitely called a Cat7 or Class F cable, but neither version is considered a recognized standard so you really shouldn't be buying them yet.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
3 years ago#22
SgtInfinity posted...
There isn't an industry standard specs definition for Cat7 yet, which is why its not recommended to jump to Cat7.

I can go to the store and pickup cat6 cables and I'll know what I'm buying. If I buy "cat7" cables, from two different companies, their specs can be completely different.

It's also not misnamed, it's definitely called a Cat7 or Class F cable, but neither version is considered a recognized standard so you really shouldn't be buying them yet.

There never will be an industry standard for Class F cable, as they are going straight to cat8 at this point.
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!

User Info: 0cu_87

0cu_87
3 years ago#23
CAT5 or CAT5e is all you need.
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ethernet Cable: Is Cat 6 the best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived