This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5.1 optical audio Headset recommendations

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5.1 optical audio Headset recommendations

User Info: flySaber

flySaber
3 years ago#1
Hey all.

I want to replace my Turtle Beach COD Black Ops 2 x-Ray headset. I bought it because it was on discount and had true 5.1 with an optical audio input. They sound phenomenal. I only want to replace then because they are wireless and are starting to cut out frequently get static-y.

I am looking for a replacement headset that has true 5.1 and connects to the optical output on my motherboard. I'm having trouble finding ones that are true 5.1 and not wireless. I need a wired set. It will be used on my PC exclusively.

Any recommendations are appreciated. I'd prefer to keep it under 200 but I will consider anything if it's worth the price.

Thanks for the help!

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#2
Get a nice stereo headset with virtual surround. You only need 2 speakers for surround on a headset.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#3
I personally use a pair of sennheiser pc 360, but they are discontinued now and replaced with sennheiser game one. You can get them for around $200 right now. It's about the best you can get in a gaming headset. After that there are buying separate headphones and a clip on mic which most people are going to recommend you doing. As for connecting through optical, the game one connects through 3.5mm. If you need virtual surround, a lot of new motherboards support virtual surround but if not you can always use the razer software. Not sure how good it really is as I only used it a few times on my laptop.
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#4
You won't get surround from pc games using optical unless your sound card has dolby digital live or dts interactive.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5.1 optical audio Headset recommendations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived