This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about computer performance (Processor vs Graphics Card)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about computer performance (Processor vs Graphics Card)

User Info: J_walker6

J_walker6
3 years ago#1
Hey,

I'm currently trying to run Skyrim with about 60-70 mods, 10 of those are graphic mods like ENB, SMIM, 2k textures, etc.

So after everything is installed, my game runs at about 20-30 FPS. Sometimes it goes up to 40, sometimes it drops to under 20 for a few seconds.

My graphics card is GeForce GTX 560 and my processor is i5-2500k 3.3 GHZ (I don't know how overclocking works and frankly it scares me).

Would Skyrim run at a better pace if I upgrade my graphics card to 2 GTX 580's or do I need to upgrade my processor?

Thanks for any help!

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#2
That CPU will last you at the very least 3-4 years before you'll need to upgrade, especially if you overclock in a year or two.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
3 years ago#4
Your GPU is getting kind of old. An upgrade to a 760 or 280X certainly wouldnt go astray.

Your CPU is fine though.
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about computer performance (Processor vs Graphics Card)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived