This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone has a metro vac

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone has a metro vac

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
3 years ago#1
http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/product-reviews/B001J4ZOAW/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

wanna get it but looking at the reviews these guys are saying it caught fire?

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
3 years ago#2
also any better versions to this out there?

User Info: Incendia_Intus

Incendia_Intus
3 years ago#3
I have it, and it works perfectly. It doesn't get hot or anything. I've been using it monthly for almost a year without any problems.
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.

User Info: Jinchuse

Jinchuse
3 years ago#4
I have one and the white metal body gets crazy hot after about 5 minutes of use, so I have to stop using it for a minute or two and let it cool off.

Definitely worth it for me, since my apartment is real dusty and I save a fortune on compressed air cans

User Info: Clutch_Theory

Clutch_Theory
3 years ago#5
Mine doesn't explode but it definitely gets hot and is also EXTREMELY loud, so don't even consider it if you have small children.

Only other alternative I looked at was this thing. but it turned out to be piss weak and needs to be charged.
http://www.canlessair.com/store/p/26-Canless-Air-System-O2-Hurricane.html?feed=Froogle&gclid=CjwKEAjw9LKeBRDurOugs43jnlgSJACUXqHxm25_jsdfJ0o3z6-Pqb6ox5B87XR6ihovJVwfByx6qBoC_gzw_wcB

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#6
Had one for about a year.

It heats up after about 3-4 mins, but that is about as long as it has ever taken me to blow out a PC.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
3 years ago#7
Think you would be better off just buying a cheap air compressor and a blower attatchment personally. At least it can serve other purposes that way and not risk turning into a flame thrower. Then again air compressors are kinda loud as hell too.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: Grimlink132

Grimlink132
3 years ago#8
i had one it blows alot its cool i like it

User Info: chimichanga XD

chimichanga XD
3 years ago#9
I have one. Like other posters have said, it gets hot after 4-5 minutes of use. If you let it catch fire, you're really stupid.
So don't be stupid.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#10
I have one, and others have said it gets pretty hot if you use it continuously. To avoid this I just spray in short bursts and the thing doesn't get hot.

It's a great product and saves you a lot of money on compressed air, especially since I clean out my tower 1/mo.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone has a metro vac

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived