This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Happened to Square Enix's Luminous Graphics Engine?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Happened to Square Enix's Luminous Graphics Engine?

User Info: iiFroZenHeAveNz

iiFroZenHeAveNz
2 years ago#1
I remember Square presenting a demo of the engine a couple E3's ago but have not heard much of it since. I remember seeing it and thought that it had a lot of potential to be great but seriously, has anyone heard anything about it?
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
2 years ago#2
I might be wrong or mis-remembering but isn't FFXV going to be running on the Luminous engine? Or was that just some generic non-game fantasy cutscene they showed?
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.

User Info: iiFroZenHeAveNz

iiFroZenHeAveNz
2 years ago#3
Canas_Renvall posted...
I might be wrong or mis-remembering but isn't FFXV going to be running on the Luminous engine? Or was that just some generic non-game fantasy cutscene they showed?

I'm not sure. FF XV has yet to be heard from since like ever.. I really don't know sometimes I lose hope in Square Enix returning to greatness. However if they can finish this engine I think they'll be making bank as developers may find it highly effective.

EDIT:
Found the demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaotBON9NM
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#4
Yea that engine was pretty crazy. If there is one company I can count on for mind blowing artwork it is them. They consistently push the limits...well the games they care about anyways so.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#5
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
Canas_Renvall posted...

I'm not sure. FF XV has yet to be heard from since like ever.. I really don't know sometimes I lose hope in Square Enix returning to greatness. However if they can finish this engine I think they'll be making bank as developers may find it highly effective.

EDIT:
Found the demo!

100:1 that demo was running on some quad SLI monster hidden from view. There's no way the hardware in the PS4/XB1 can come close to running a realtime game with that level of fidelity.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
2 years ago#6
JKatarn posted...
iiFroZenHeAveNz posted...
Canas_Renvall posted...

EDIT:
Found the demo!

100:1 that demo was running on some quad SLI monster hidden from view. There's no way the hardware in the PS4/XB1 can come close to running a realtime game with that level of fidelity.

It's square. This is an fmv that's prerendered
Lieb ohne Seele...
http://wp.me/1EBnQ
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Happened to Square Enix's Luminous Graphics Engine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived