This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good purchase?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this a good purchase?

User Info: occono

occono
3 years ago#1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I44BR6K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1ETURH7GKZEHA

Yes, I know, prebuilt. However I've looked at all the options for PC part delivery to Ireland, and found that assembling a similar build would be around just as expensive, not everyone with the best deals delivers here.

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#2
Seems like a decent deal. Keep in mind it doesn't have an operating system.

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 years ago#3
Yeah it has a good cpu, but it is not over clockable. The GTX 760 is a good midrange graphics card. At this time it can run most games at 1080p at high or max settings at 60fps. Some current popular games you'd have to scale back a little bit are games like battlefield 4, ESO, Wildstar and probably a handful of other single player games like Crysis or metro 2044.

It does not have an OS as someone pointed out so itll be another $100 for that. As far as prebuilts go, if I convert it into US dolalrs including an OS its going to be about $1000 which is slightly over priced for sure in the US for that set up, but being from Ireland I don't have much else to compare too. If it did come with an OS already, I'd say its a fair price for a prebuilt for sure.

occono
3 years ago#4
AnatomyHorror posted...
Seems like a decent deal. Keep in mind it doesn't have an operating system.

Yeah I saw, it'd still be cheaper for me adding that on, thanks. If I can still apply a student discount before I officially graduate, all the better.

I have Server and Embedded versions of Windows from Dreamspark, I wish it had the proper consumer versions. :P

occono
3 years ago#5
foodeater4 posted...
Yeah it has a good cpu, but it is not over clockable. The GTX 760 is a good midrange graphics card. At this time it can run most games at 1080p at high or max settings at 60fps. Some current popular games you'd have to scale back a little bit are games like battlefield 4, ESO, Wildstar and probably a handful of other single player games like Crysis or metro 2044.

It does not have an OS as someone pointed out so itll be another $100 for that. As far as prebuilts go, if I convert it into US dolalrs including an OS its going to be about $1000 which is slightly over priced for sure in the US for that set up, but being from Ireland I don't have much else to compare too. If it did come with an OS already, I'd say its a fair price for a prebuilt for sure.

I currently play my Steam Library on a 768p laptop with an i5-3210m and a Radeon 7670m.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this a good purchase?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived