This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 with touch screen and battery life

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 with touch screen and battery life

User Info: Timbermaw

Timbermaw
2 years ago#1
Ey there, just wondering if anyone has a confirmed study somehwere about touch screen laptops getting significantly reduced battery durations compared to non touch screen equivalentes?
I have a non touch myself but the price diferente was very small, so i am wondering if a ended up making a hasty decision. Some websites point to diferences but nothing conclusive thus far; does anyone have more clear info on this?
Gamer Entitlement analyst, PhD.
..I edit every post.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#2
Well it should in theory take a bit more power. But it shouldn't be significant.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

Timbermaw
2 years ago#3
The websites I mentioned referred losses of 1 hour on average, which is quite significant I think. But it could also be pro-mac propaganda with no real evidence so i'm skeptical.
I think i'll just stay with the non-touch for now, but I wonder if it would help me on circling pdf words easier, for college, if I have no mouse around (that's basically all I would use the touch screen for, lol)
..I edit every post.

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#4
An hour seems a bit much.
I tried searching but couldn't find much.
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+much+power+does+a+capacitive+touchscreen+use&safe=active
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

Timbermaw
2 years ago#5
Yeah, I found this where the guy mentions a reduction of 5 -20% percent, and told readers to check the manufacturer's numbers - but they never mention these differences.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/buyers/a/Windows-8-Touchscreen-PCs.htm

I'll just leave it at that and think about this when the time comes to upgrade my laptop again.
..I edit every post.

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#6
Timbermaw posted...
Yeah, I found this where the guy mentions a reduction of 5 -20% percent, and told readers to check the manufacturer's numbers - but they never mention these differences.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/buyers/a/Windows-8-Touchscreen-PCs.htm

I'll just leave it at that and think about this when the time comes to upgrade my laptop again.

I guess you could go to the store, go to a demo laptop, unplug it and see how long it says the battery will last.
Try a few with touchscreens and a few without.

Timbermaw
2 years ago#7
Hmm, good idea actually!
..I edit every post.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 with touch screen and battery life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived