This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to replace my G400 soon, need a good mouse that fits my hand

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to replace my G400 soon, need a good mouse that fits my hand

User Info: TheC0ndemnedOne

TheC0ndemnedOne
3 years ago#1
So my G400 is a good mouse but my problem with it is that the ergonomic shape of it doesn't agree with my hand. They are too extreme and well-defined for my slightly large hands which just end up ignoring them and resting uncomfortably. Basically, the groves don't line up with my hand.

So I guess I need a slightly larger mouse. Palm grip, but not too intense of one. I don't hold the mouse tight to the point where my hand starts sweating like crazy. It's just a casual grip.

I was looking at the Roccat Kone XTD Optical. Saw a post elsewhere that said the XTD was good for large hands, so I figured the XTD Optical will be good once it starts popping up in stores.
From what I see so far:
+supposedly big
+lighter than my G400
+German
+subtle ergonomic shape
+optical
+cool design of wolf-thing
-expensive
-not widely available yet

Anyone here have experience with Roccat? Anyone have recommendations for other mice and why? Thanks.
Steam: Sydite

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#2
Roccat makes quality mice.

The Savu has a palm grip shape, but is a bit different.
The Kone Optical should be larger.

The Savu has a flawless sensor, as should the Kone Optical.
Roccat's driver software is the best I've ever used, and their cables are a lot higher quality than Logitech's.

Unfortunately, the Roccat mice don't have DPI sliders; they have fixed DPI intervals. I believe the reason they do this is because none of the DPI levels are interpolated, whereas on other mice like the G400/G400S for instance, there is a native DPI level (800 in the case of those two mice) and it will be interpolated if you change from that.

The Savu offers 400, 800, 1600, and 4000 DPI. I wasn't aware of the Kone XTD Optical, the last I looked at their lines they had released the Kone Pure Optical, and I know that had more DPI levels.

EDIT: Upon a little research:
The Savu and Kone Pure Optical both use the Avago ADNS-3090 sensor, which is flawless.

The Kone XTD Optical uses a difference sensor, the Avago SDNS-3988. I'll have to research this particular sensor, but it may be the same sensor used by the DeathAdder 2013, which would mean it's also flawless, though I heard Razer f***** up the firmware.

In short, this is a different beast than the two mice I mentioned, the Savu and the Kone Pure Optical and the facts aren't all in yet as far as I can tell.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to replace my G400 soon, need a good mouse that fits my hand

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived