This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 3 Rogue-Likes on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your top 3 Rogue-Likes on PC?

User Info: Sexy_L4DY

Sexy_L4DY
3 years ago#1
Roguelikes are one of my favorite sub genres, It's one of those sub genres I'll never get sick of and I'll always be interested when a new one comes along.

1. Dungeon of the Endless - I love this game. The characters, music is incredible, the pixel art is beautiful and very addictive. Difficulty spikes when you hit the fourth dungeon. I should probably look up strategys to having a good party and researching the right gadgets.
2. Eldritch - Kind of a 3D Spelunky, very hard and fun.
3. Rogue Legacy - I thought I'd like this game more than I do but it's still very fun and addictive. The fact it plays way better with a controller kind of bugs me.

Spelunky is my all time favorite but I have that on my Vita so I thought i'd choose rouge-likes that I own on my PC.
FTL is also great but I've only played it for like an hour or two so I can't really say it's one of my favorites yet.
http://i.imgur.com/yKUD2k6.gif
Leader and member of the Eva Marines fan club! Current members: 14

User Info: ggf162

ggf162
3 years ago#2
Nethack
Nethack
Nethack
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.

User Info: Yuniuninuniun

Yuniuninuniun
3 years ago#3
Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Friendly reminder to never play a game published by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment)

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#4
Binding of Issac
Wazhack
Rogue Legacy
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/

User Info: krayziejoe

krayziejoe
3 years ago#5
#1 - The Binding Of Isaac - Incredibly simple, incredibly addictive. 257 hours clocked on Steam, 3 hours longer than Skyrim. If that doesn't convey how fun and more-ish it is, I don't know what will

#2 - Ragnarok - The early '90s one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_%28video_game%29), not the MMO of the same name (different IP.)

#3 - Torchlight 2 (Hardcore mode) - I guess it depends how you define "Rogue-like", but I'd like to think of perma-death as the primary criterion.

I respectfully disagree about Rogue Legacy. On paper it sounds like a great concept. In practice, I didn't find it to be a whole lot of fun.

Spelunky was almost on the list, until I realized how little time I'd put into it (only 15hrs) compared to the listed three
Real gamers know how to play chess.

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#6
Diablo 1

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#7
krayziejoe posted...
#3 - Torchlight 2 (Hardcore mode) - I guess it depends how you define "Rogue-like", but I'd like to think of perma-death as the primary criterion.

Umm, no. Your definition is completely wrong. It isn't a rogue-like by any stretch of the imagination.

User Info: RPGMatt

RPGMatt
3 years ago#8
Nethack, FTL, Sword of the Stars: The Pit... Begrudgingly... Still f***ing mad at that last floor.
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe

User Info: krayziejoe

krayziejoe
3 years ago#9
Ningishzida posted...
krayziejoe posted...

Umm, no. Your definition is completely wrong. It isn't a rogue-like by any stretch of the imagination.

Could you stretch my imagination and enlighten me as to your definition then please? I seem to encounter the same problem with your nomination of Diablo 1. Great game, undoubtedly one of my favourites. But no perma-death makes it nothing more than a standard dungeon crawler to me.
Real gamers know how to play chess.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#10
A.D.O.M.
DoomRL
ToME
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your top 3 Rogue-Likes on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived