This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a cheap laptop...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a cheap laptop...

User Info: Discern

Discern
2 years ago#1
Hey,

I don't know if this is a good place to ask, but my wife's work is looking for a laptop for about $100 that can run Excel, Word, and do email. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

I know it's not gaming related, but I know this board is usually very knowledgeable when it comes to PCs.

Thanks!
GT- Discern88

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
2 years ago#2
Non-existent. Nothing is free in this world unfortunately. If you want a laptop that can do all of those things you're going to up your budget. The Asus T100 can do all of those things but it's $400. That's about the cheapest you're going to go.

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
2 years ago#3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314551
FX 8350 R9 290 crossfire.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#4
Yeah, the only laptop you're going to get for $100 is going to be ancient and incapable of running those apps, you're going to need to up your budget to AT LEAST $300 or so, and even then, performance isn't going to be stellar.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

Discern
2 years ago#5
Thanks for the responses. It's not for me, it's the company my wife works for being cheap I guess lol. I think it's just for the head house keeper or something.

Thanks again.
GT- Discern88

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
2 years ago#6
Does it have to run Word and Excel specifically, or just documents and spreadsheets?

A Chromebook might be a decent option if generic documents and spreadsheets, but it would be running Google Docs instead of MS Office.
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
2 years ago#7
You can get some older used laptops for $100 but the minimum cost for a new Windows laptop is generally $250-$300. I have seen some get close to $200 on sale/refurbished but definitely nothing under $200.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs

Discern
2 years ago#8
It needs to run those specifically, but can be old as hell. Apparently, one she got runs XP. So, nothing spectacular.
GT- Discern88
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a cheap laptop...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived