This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wtf is wrong with windows 8.1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. wtf is wrong with windows 8.1

User Info: thasnipermaster

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#1
Set up my new PC, and I click the bottom left corner of the screen and it starts downloading some crap, and I try to open it up and I can not so it wont let me see what it is downloading and then, the whole screen goes blank.

Now my whole screen is blank and all I can see is my mouse moving around, I powered off the PC by holding the power button and I turn it back on and I still have this f***ing blank screen. Windows 8 is s***.
Im opposite of a care bear
KILLING FLOOR 2 !!! Hurry up and take my f***ing dosh!

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#2
Looking all over the internet, no solutions work. I never thought owning a gaming PC would be so frustrating.

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#3
Don't restart when updating. Bad things happen.

Lesson learned
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#4
Pictures always help, is it a legit copy of windows? Did you install all the drivers correctly?

Oh, You restarted in the middle of an update? bad bad bad
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#5
I got that blank screen issue after installing sql connectivity.
But it was on a VM so I didn't care.
Basically installing .net 2 and 3.5, then immediately installing sql connectivity and mdac without rebooting in-between completely killed it.

But I somehow doubt that is your issue.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#6
No I did not restart in the middle of the update. Lmfao I would never do that.

Apparently this problem is massively common and not many people can get it fixed, I am reading comments on youtube and microsoft answers and a whole bunch of other websites.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#7
thasnipermaster posted...

Apparently this problem is massively common and not many people can get it fixed, I am reading comments on youtube and microsoft answers and a whole bunch of other websites.

Is it a legit copy of windows? Try starting it in safe mode and uninstalling the video drivers, then reinstalling them.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
3 years ago#8
This happened on a laptop i was working on at work one day. I narrowed it down to the video drivers in that particular case. Reverting to windows 7 did the trick

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#9
Clouddx posted...
thasnipermaster posted...

Is it a legit copy of windows? Try starting it in safe mode and uninstalling the video drivers, then reinstalling them.

Yes it is legit, and I am in safe mode now and I am following what they do in the videos (youtube) and nothing works.

thasnipermaster
3 years ago#10
3 hours 20 minutes later, problem not solved. F*** windows 8.

They call it the black screen of death.. like how xbox had red ring of death, well this is windows 8 version apparently.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. wtf is wrong with windows 8.1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived