This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

User Info: NicoC96

NicoC96
2 years ago#51
As far as digital items, things like reskins and early access to the beta/DLC/other game are fine. If it is a new gun, special character, or something along those lines it better be available for purchase after the game is out. I'm 100% ok with them giving out DLC to preorders.

Physical items are all fair game. Printed maps and posters are awesome. Normally I don't preorder games, but a case can be made for something like the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake. Have fun trying to get ahold of a Pokemon game right after a launch that is around a month before Black Friday. The preorder bonus for that is just a poster at Gamestop.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
2 years ago#52
NicoC96 posted...
I'm 100% ok with them giving out DLC to preorders.

Why??

The very existence of that DLC is a joke in the first place.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 years ago#53
I don't worry about them. It's almost guaranteed that they will become available later as cheap DLC. It's more cost effective to wait for a massive price drop/sale and get the game + DLC discounted than to pre-order the game and get the DLC for free.

User Info: Sinfullyvannila

Sinfullyvannila
2 years ago#54
It depends really. If it's something niche, a preorder encourages retailers to stock more, which means more money for the publisher, and more of their games being published.

If it's a game you know will print money, yeah, there's really no point on preordering.
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}

User Info: pwnater777

pwnater777
2 years ago#55
Expansions are welcomed by me with open arms.
DLC can suck it.
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your stance on pre-order bonuses.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived