This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you were buying a gaming laptop, which brand would you get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you were buying a gaming laptop, which brand would you get?

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
2 years ago#1
I know, gaming laptops aren't always the best way to go, but say you didn't have the chance to build a desktop, and had to buy a gaming laptop.

Which brand would you be most likely to choose, if no budget was given?

I ask because I may end up having to sell a bunch of a stuff, and crunch my gaming PC in to something more portable. Life, ftw.
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
2 years ago#2
Razer Blade 14.
It's the most powerful ultraportable gaming laptop on the market. It's definitely what I would get if money was not an issue.

Also I would never choose a brand in general. Every brand has good and bad laptop models.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
2 years ago#3
I would buy a normal laptop, save myself oodles of money, and use it on something more practical.

Don't overpay for crap just because it's the clearest option available.

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#4
That's a trick question. Obviously the MacBook Pro. It has the 750m for on the go gaming which will work okay. Also a pretty good proc to back it up and pcie ssd...

Anyways then when you get home you plug your thunderbolt cable into your MBP and now have a 780ti. Now you game away in glory and can pick up and go whenever you need to.

I personally feel that's the only realistic option.

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
2 years ago#5
I probably should've worded the topic differently, perhaps "which specific laptop would you get?" is a better question.

And also, in my case, I do have a budget, just don't know what it is yet, so no I'm not buying alienware, I'm not rich nor crazy. Just curious on what's out there.
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |

User Info: Vjkid137

Vjkid137
2 years ago#6
i had an asus that lasted me the last 5 yrs before i recently built the rig in my sig
i5 4690 | 4GB XFX Black Edition DD R9 290 | 8GB 1600 | 128GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 2 x 1TB WD Blue | ASRock H97 Killer | EVGA 750w | Fractal Design Define R4 |

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
2 years ago#7
Garage_Man posted...
That's a trick question. Obviously the MacBook Pro. It has the 750m for on the go gaming which will work okay. Also a pretty good proc to back it up and pcie ssd...

Anyways then when you get home you plug your thunderbolt cable into your MBP and now have a 780ti. Now you game away in glory and can pick up and go whenever you need to.

... Yeah.

Anyway, Asus is always a good choice. Their machines are really built to last. They have huge vents for the fans, too, which lets the cool easily, and makes them easy to keep dust-free. Also, they are usually relatively cheap for what they have inside.
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
NNID: GokaiSilver

User Info: RoboXgp89

RoboXgp89
2 years ago#8
look for a laptop with a intel i3 4330

the graphics are 4600HD which is 4th gen

I'd honestly buy a cheap ass laptop and then just build a computer with the extra money

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#9
sarevokmb posted...
Garage_Man posted...

... Yeah.

Anyway, Asus is always a good choice. Their machines are really built to last. They have huge vents for the fans, too, which lets the cool easily, and makes them easy to keep dust-free. Also, they are usually relatively cheap for what they have inside.

Hey he never said keep it cheap. How do I know his budget ISN'T 5k lol.

User Info: Freeman9800

Freeman9800
2 years ago#10
Definitely get an Asus. My 2 year old Asus K55VM has survived so much. I spilled vodka on it like 2 weeks ago and it's still going strong.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you were buying a gaming laptop, which brand would you get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived