This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the X1 controller become the standard like the 360 when it comes to PC ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will the X1 controller become the standard like the 360 when it comes to PC ?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#21
I can only hope we move back to directinput and thus start supporting every controller and not just x360 controllers. It was such a huge step backwards moving to xinput. We literally went backwards 30 years of technology when we switched to xinput.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
2 years ago#22
I said that a few years ago on this board and people argued with me saying that it was good that we got a single controller format.
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 years ago#23
SilentHawk29 posted...
I said that a few years ago on this board and people argued with me saying that it was good that we got a single controller format.

It really pissed me off. If I wanted no options in my control schemes I would play on console.
This is PC, if I want to play a fighting game with my steering wheel and pedals I should be able to.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
2 years ago#24
Ticking_Death posted...
DS4 master race

LOL no, the DS4 doesn't even support Xinput
Hello

User Info: Clashtonn

Clashtonn
2 years ago#25
DS4 is great and a HUGE improvement over the DS3.

But the 360 controller is still king.
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD

User Info: a687947

a687947
2 years ago#26
already on pc...

User Info: Mudkip57

Mudkip57
2 years ago#27
My 360 pad still works, and I already only use it for a few select games. So long as the 360 pad continues to be cheaper, I don't see myself changing over even in the event of a breakdown

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
2 years ago#28
I currently use the 360 controller for PC, and I know drivers were already released for the Xbone controller for PC, but I haven't tested those waters, nor do I think I would bother any time soon.

They both use xinput, so it wasn't hard for them to make it work with the new Xbone controllers.

I have tried PS3, and I've been tempted to try PS4 controllers, but they both use dinput, though I don't know which is better, dinput is not native to most games, and so it's a lot more hassle to use.
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 years ago#29
SinisterSlay posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

It really pissed me off. If I wanted no options in my control schemes I would play on console.
This is PC, if I want to play a fighting game with my steering wheel and pedals I should be able to.

Indeed. If I plug in any ****ing mouse on my PC, it works as soon as I plug it in. To be fair, windows does recognize gamepads as soon as you plug them in but the games don't. Lazy developers. I couldn't get my gamepad to run with Darkstalkers and I was told it was my fault for not having a 360 controller. What a joke.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
2 years ago#30
Depends on how lazy and/or incompetent the developers are.

Every PC game these days should at a bare minimum support XInput and DirectInput. Every time I see a game that only supports XInput I rage, hard. I shouldn't have to use special drivers to emulate XInput because a bunch of amateur developers were lazy ***** about their control coding.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will the X1 controller become the standard like the 360 when it comes to PC ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived