This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was given a "Watchdogs" code....any tweaking tips?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Was given a "Watchdogs" code....any tweaking tips?

User Info: Soulesskiller21

Soulesskiller21
3 years ago#11
SilentHawk29 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
you just hate fun in general... it's a fun game, i just assumed....

You're confusing him with jake.

from statefarm?

Sorry couldn't resist the urge
Current Comp: I7 4770k@3.5GHz | Asus Z87 Sabertooth Mobo | 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 Ram | Nvidia GTX 770 | Win 7 Ultimate

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
3 years ago#12
kingoffps posted...
*fires gun into the air*

Now. Everyone's going to sit down, and discuss Watch Dogs in a civil manner,

I recommend going with an overall preset like High and just see if you can deal with it. You will probably get stuttering no matter what you play at. I found High to be a decent tradeoff.

^^ This.

The difference between Ultra and High is rather negligible in this game. So just set it to "High" and have fun.
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#13
SilentHawk29 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
you just hate fun in general... it's a fun game, i just assumed....

You're confusing him with jake.

Yeah... I totally am
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#14
kingoffps posted...
*fires gun into the air*

Now. Everyone's going to sit down, and discuss Watch Dogs in a civil manner,

I recommend going with an overall preset like High and just see if you can deal with it. You will probably get stuttering no matter what you play at. I found High to be a decent tradeoff.

Yeah, I left the game at the all high "preset" which is what it auto-detected for my setup, though for some reason the game defaulted to 1600x900 resolution instead of my native 1080p. I tried to bump the AA up to 2x MSAA and saw horrible lag/slowdown, so keeping it on Temporal AA. The game so far has been playable but I've seen some nasty lag in certain situations/places (usually when around a few light sources), and have actually had the game seize up for a moment or two if I rotated the camera too fast. It seems to be running at 20-30 FPS from the general responsiveness of the game (haven't used FRAPS etc. so I can't give a specific number). It tends to be stuttery when running and fairly stuttery when driving. Game generally does look nice (environmental details like puddles, plants are well done), it's a shame that the performance is so inconsistent. Seems like a fun game so far though.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#15
johnny_pay posted...
set everything to high and use fxaa and you should be fine. if you need to turn things down, start with shadows.

I would use FXAA but I find in many instances that tends to blur out texture detail, and the game is jaggy enough as it is at 1080p with temporal AA, probably would give me a bit more performance though. Thanks.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Was given a "Watchdogs" code....any tweaking tips?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived