This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arma 3 - Low FPS, but not using all it's resources

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Arma 3 - Low FPS, but not using all it's resources

User Info: BIGGESTPS3FAN

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#1
Anyone have experience with this? GPUs are being used about 20% each. CPU is at 55%. Lagging on any setting.
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
3 years ago#2
What settings and res? What FPS you getting?

Edit: just saw you said it's lagging on any setting. Does fps change at all as you change the settings? If not, sounds bit like a CPU bottleneck, although I would have said that is unlikely with your CPU.

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#3
Getting sub 30.

Tried all settings. Playing at 1440p. Mem usage is hovering at about 2400 MB.
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

phy2jsh
3 years ago#4
Other than checking drivers are up to date, I can only think it sounds like a cpu bottleneck from the symptoms described. Perhaps other will have experience of the issue...

User Info: a687947

a687947
3 years ago#5
phy2jsh posted...
Other than checking drivers are up to date, I can only think it sounds like a cpu bottleneck from the symptoms described. Perhaps other will have experience of the issue...

his sig says he has a 4930k it definitely is not a cpu bottleneck, the game runs poorly for me too, on pretty much all settings with a 660 ti. Obviously it's not a 780 ti but it shouldn't have problems with medium-high settings

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#6
Yeah, I put the game on standard settings and am still running 20-25 FPS. Turn everything up to max and it runs at 20-25 FPS, as well.

I dunno what is causing it, really.

phy2jsh
3 years ago#7
a687947 posted...
phy2jsh posted...

his sig says he has a 4930k it definitely is not a cpu bottleneck, the game runs poorly for me too, on pretty much all settings with a 660 ti. Obviously it's not a 780 ti but it shouldn't have problems with medium-high settings

Yes, I said it seemed odd, considering his cpu, but it is the only thing I can think of that matches the symptoms. If the game is very poor at utilising multiple cores, or has some other cpu 'optimisation' issues, this could lead to a bottleneck and might explain the relatively low cpu usage, too.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#8
It's most likely a CPU bottleneck. Large games like that can run poorly on any system, and "55% CPU usage" sounds about right for a hyperthreaded quadcore being the limiting factor.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: El_Kaz

El_Kaz
3 years ago#9
ARMA series is infamous for that kind of problems, unfortunately... seems like it's a fundamental issue in the way the engine handles resources, especially AI.
To give you an idea, there's a thread about this very problem on the official ARMA 3 forums... it has 3.4k+ replies (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS)
Wait... what?

User Info: Ned_Mandingo

Ned_Mandingo
3 years ago#10
Are you getting the same frames offline? Are you using any launch parameters? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Frame rate online depends on the server\mods. Most mods on Altis you will be lucky to get 30+.
Stratis always runs above 60.
You Gotta Pay The Troll Toll
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Arma 3 - Low FPS, but not using all it's resources

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived