This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about internet connection and HDD, please help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about internet connection and HDD, please help

User Info: tscookt

tscookt
3 years ago#1
So let me preface by saying that I know this isn't the right board but I posted this on the PS4 board already and got no real solutions, plus I imagine the PC board is likely to have more tech savvy people...

Ok so here's the deal, I upgraded my ps4's HDD yesterday to the 2 tb Seagate one. I followed all the steps and have my ps4 working properly in most aspects of the system. I didn't think the HDD affected my internet connection at all but ever since I changed the HDD I get randomly kicked from chat parties (even when I host them) and whenever I play online it gets very laggy. I've been playing TLoU online without a hitch until I changed the HDD and now I'm lucky to get through a match without getting kicked.

Any ideas why the HDD is affecting my internet connection or how to solve it? I have all the same network settings as before and I can still watch livestreams and see who's online, it just seems to be parties and online gameplay

Thanks in advance.
PSN: BostonStrong34TC

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#2
Maybe the hard drive is dying. You can can check the smart status if you connect it to a PC.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: tscookt

tscookt
3 years ago#3
WerdnAndreW posted...
Maybe the hard drive is dying. You can can check the smart status if you connect it to a PC.

I don't know how to connect the HDD to a pc, plus I only have a laptop because I don't game on a pc. I literally just bought the hard drive new, is it actually possible that it is already dying?
PSN: BostonStrong34TC

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#4
Its possible.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about internet connection and HDD, please help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived