This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

User Info: bigbadharry

bigbadharry
2 years ago#1
It seems cheaper on console?

I never bought it before because of Windows Live. Now if I want to buy it I have to buy AE and Ultra seems expensive for both. I'm rather going to wait for it to be in a sale for cheap.

User Info: xxFierceFirexx

xxFierceFirexx
2 years ago#2
bigbadharry posted...

I never bought it before because of Windows Live. Now if I want to buy it I have to buy AE and Ultra seems expensive for both. I'm rather going to wait for it to be in a sale for cheap.

You dont have to buy both. Last time I checked, there was an option to buy full Ultra at 29.99$ just below the upgrade.
"Get lose![...]" ~ M.Bison
NNID: FierceFire

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
2 years ago#3
xxFierceFirexx posted...
bigbadharry posted...

You dont have to buy both. Last time I checked, there was an option to buy full Ultra at 29.99$ just below the upgrade.

The "full Ultra" is just a package with arcade edition and ultra in a bundle.
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711

User Info: xxFierceFirexx

xxFierceFirexx
2 years ago#4
Dirk85UK posted...
xxFierceFirexx posted...
bigbadharry posted...

The "full Ultra" is just a package with arcade edition and ultra in a bundle.

Still cheaper than buying both of them. Seems fair enough.
"Get lose![...]" ~ M.Bison
NNID: FierceFire

User Info: bigbadharry

bigbadharry
2 years ago#5
Yeah but it seems like quite a bit of money to pay for a copy and paste game. And it has to be a pre order.

I had SSF4 on Xbox at one stage and I've played AE on friends consoles quite a bit. So don't really see the big deal with the upgrades. A fair price would have been $15 or $20, rather going to wait for a sale.

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
2 years ago#6
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
2 years ago#7
bigbadharry posted...
Yeah but it seems like quite a bit of money to pay for a copy and paste game. And it has to be a pre order.

I had SSF4 on Xbox at one stage and I've played AE on friends consoles quite a bit. So don't really see the big deal with the upgrades. A fair price would have been $15 or $20, rather going to wait for a sale.

Balance changes. New modes. New characters. Changes that can have a big difference on gameplay. If you don't play fighters that much, then yeah, I guess you wouldn't notice the difference. To me, the difference between SFIV and SSIV AE is considerable.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus

User Info: desertman

desertman
2 years ago#8
Goldninja posted...
$15 upgrade from Arcade Edition to Ultra. Not sure how it's a rip off, considering AE came out three years ago and this is a significant update.

Other companies give updates for free.
about:robots
about:mozilla

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 years ago#9
Its more of an expansion than update, especially if you're talking about a fighting game.
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
2 years ago#10
desertman posted...
Goldninja posted...

Other companies give updates for free.

Not these kind of updates, alot of work and money goes into adding new characters, rebalancing the game, new stages.
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does it feel like we're getting ripped off with SF4 Ultra?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived