This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best and cheapest way to upgrade my graphics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best and cheapest way to upgrade my graphics?

User Info: Raikouen

Raikouen
2 years ago#1
I have a desktop with a AMD 8970HD, and my computer says it is by far my weakest link.

I am possibly looking into upgrading, but I don't want to spend a lot of money to do so. Anyone recommend some good and rather cheap upgrades to consider?

User Info: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
2 years ago#2
3 things that are most important. whats your processor, whats your power supply and whats your budget.
Intel i5-4750 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / 2X 4GB DDR3 / 2 TB HDD / Geforce GTX 580 / 500W 80+ bronze
(message deleted)

User Info: Raikouen

Raikouen
2 years ago#4
returnofbeans posted...
3 things that are most important. whats your processor, whats your power supply and whats your budget.

1. My processor is AMD A10-7850k Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.70 (copy/paste from my computer spec sheet on Windows)

2. I honestly don't know this as I didn't build the computer. However, I believe my friend said he was putting a 500W, but I could be wrong. I will have to check that out.

3. I just don't want it to be expensive. Say, no more than $80?

My trouble is running Skyrim can get laggy even on Medium settings, and upon investigation I came to realize my graphics card wasn't exactly up for that task. So I essentially want to be able to run Skyrim on at least medium well as well as be able to have no problems running games like Battlefield when I get around to purchasing them.

User Info: link510

link510
2 years ago#5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127763&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I don't know how well it works, but you can crossfire that with your APU (which is your CPU/GPU). Right in budget, probably your best bet.

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
2 years ago#6
Save up more money, best and smartest advice for you in the long run.
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
2 years ago#7
Intead of wasting 80 bucks on a crap card why not just save for another week?
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
2 years ago#8
I'd say a GTX 750 or a GTX 750 ti would do the most for you.

the 7850K is not a bad processor, at all.
Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. A+ and Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
GTX 760 | i7 3770K @ 4.5ghz.

User Info: QuestofChosen

QuestofChosen
2 years ago#9
Isn't the 8970 just a OEM rebrand of the 7970? If it is then the CPU is actually the weakest link.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Half Life 2 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 years ago#10
The words "best" and "cheapest" rarely go well together.

Spending $80 on a GPU is a waste. Save your money for a while and come back to it when you're able to buy something that will prevent you from being in this same position again 6 months from now.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best and cheapest way to upgrade my graphics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived