This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shield tablet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shield tablet

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#11
I am waiting for the LTE version to be released.
RPG Spotlight: Avernum: Escape from the Pit http://store.steampowered.com/app/208400/
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/DUiaHrLW

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
3 years ago#12
I have one and love it. I am currently trying to gat a mouse and keyboard hooked up to it so I can play civ and divinity in console mode. I must be honest though, I enjoy tinkering and discovering how to get stuff to work. If you like stuff that is plug and play this might be a little annoying. It does play, but if you want to push the thing and do cool stuff it takes tinkering.
Examples: streaming dolphin emulator, rooting the device, getting a mouse and keyboard hooked up. Optimizing your network speed. And stuff like that.
Posted with GameRaven 2.2.1

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#13
I'm waiting for Shield 2/Denver K1.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: xxtearg0dxx

xxtearg0dxx
3 years ago#14
I am enjoying my shield tablet, haven't done any 'real gaming' on it with a controller (I didn't get the controller yet). I got it for now to just play 'tablet games'.

Besides that, it's been a smooth fast experience for me. The tablet is much better than any other android tablet I've used before.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#15
seems there is a manufacturing error in the plastic casing around the sides of the tablet, lots of people have been noticing small micro-cracks forming at the edges near the seams of the bezel. Mine has two really small ones on it.

I haven't removed my tablet from my wall-mount since I opened it so I assume mine shipped with them. I'm not too concerned with this since I just don't plan on ever really moving my tablet so it's not going to be structurally in danger from this as far as I can tell.

Nevertheless I'm going to be watching their forums to see if there is going to be a recall or anything.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

User Info: dark trunks

dark trunks
3 years ago#16
No idea. I won't have it until August 29th.

I'm curious. How do tablets work? This will be my first tablet, and I'm wondering do you need a sim card for it? If I am using my home Wifi, do I essentially have access to all the devices functions, and if I want to use it outside of my home, I either need to connect to outside Wifi, or get a sim?

But I figured I've been looking at tablets for a while now, but I couldn't be arsed pay the prices. However, I can get this from Scan, with the case, and not pay for nine months, no additional cost. As good a deal as any, I guess.
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#17
dark trunks posted...

I'm curious. How do tablets work? This will be my first tablet, and I'm wondering do you need a sim card for it? If I am using my home Wifi, do I essentially have access to all the devices functions, and if I want to use it outside of my home, I either need to connect to outside Wifi, or get a sim?

But I figured I've been looking at tablets for a while now, but I couldn't be arsed pay the prices. However, I can get this from Scan, with the case, and not pay for nine months, no additional cost. As good a deal as any, I guess.

If you want internet access without connecting to a wifi network, you'll need a data plan/sim card, just like anything else. Wifi isn't infinite range.
You shouldn't need a sim card or data plan to turn the device on/use it just on Wifi, though.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#18
dark trunks posted...

GSM 4G LTE requires a SIM card

4G WiMax (which it won't have, and almost no infrastructure for it exists anyway since it was rapidly obsoleted by LTE) does not require a SIM card

CDMA anything, which, I have no idea if it will support or not, does not require a SIM card -- most carriers use GSM.
RPG Spotlight: Divinity 2 http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_2_developers_cut
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/9ULqSth8

User Info: EdgeofDarkness

EdgeofDarkness
3 years ago#19
ChromaticAngel posted...
dark trunks posted...

GSM 4G LTE requires a SIM card

4G WiMax (which it won't have, and almost no infrastructure for it exists anyway since it was rapidly obsoleted by LTE) does not require a SIM card

CDMA anything, which, I have no idea if it will support or not, does not require a SIM card -- most carriers use GSM.

Eh its about 50/50 among the big carriers

Verizon/sprint/us cellular cdma

At&t, t-mobile, strait talk(Well mostly) GSM

Though devices like this usually see less CDMA support

User Info: Dieinafire1

Dieinafire1
3 years ago#20
I got mine on Saturday and so far its more then I hoped. Thing is a beast
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shield tablet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived