This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you Upgrade Pre built Pcs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can you Upgrade Pre built Pcs?

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
3 years ago#31
Loserman15 posted...
With it's 300w PSU, a 750ti would be the max I'd want to put in there.

However,an i3 and a 750ti is an excellent budget gaming set up. I think you'd be really thrilled to have it, especially if you're new to PC gaming.

Go for it!

This ^^^

It's like the 750ti was made for pre-builts with crappy power supplies. Lots of graphical power compared to how much power they use.

Here get this one:
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=94331&vpn=02G%2DP4%2D3751%2DKR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1248
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#32
I built my 12 year old brother a pc out of a old work pc that had i3 inside it. I just pulled all the parts and put It in a cheap case off newegg with a crappy no name brand PSU and slapped a GTX 650 in it and a extra 4gb of ram and that system runs like a champ for what it is.... probably paid a little over 200 bucks extra for the case and videocard and ram was from another work pc that as pulled.
i7-4770K , 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#33
I installed a 750ti in a relatives Dell PC and it plays games rather well. Ran perfectly on a 300w PSU.
Posted using GameFlux
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can you Upgrade Pre built Pcs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived