This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Even Battlefield is pay2win now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Even Battlefield is pay2win now?

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
2 years ago#11
I hate the cost of premium more than those shortcut bundles, a lot of guns and play modes are locked until you fork $40. Even without premium, good guns and the right attachments take a long time to grind. And of course until you obtain those you are at a disadvantage.
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 years ago#12
^Attachments are about the only grind, but ultimately if you're impatient on stuff like that, you can get most of the country-specific attachments for a gun inside a couple hours by jumping into a TDM server and going nuts. For the most part, the other attachments are just vanity items that serve the same functionality.

There are a few exceptions, yes; Like modified chokes for shotguns, tactical lights, flash hiders and similar...But again, largely vanity items.

"Good guns" is a load of bull. Most the guns in Battlefield are just direct side-grades with marginally different stats.

Honestly? IMO, at least:
-You get a couple of the "best" ARs in the game within 2-4 unlocks.
-First carbine is one of the best, second one is absolutely devastating.
-First 2-3 shotguns are really some of the better ones to use. Or at least close side-grades
-The LMG you get by beating the campaign is a easy to use death cannon.
-PDWs...Well, that's one case I'll say that the ones in the DLCs *do* just feel better. Not sure I am happy about that....but PDWs are kinda meh to begin with.
-First and second (unlocked) DMRs are beasts.
-First sniper rifle is solid for aggressive play, 5th for style, and the last if you're a b**** and can't compensate for drop, when you're sitting two miles from the battlefield.
-First pistol is one of the most used and easily holds it's own. First 3 unlocks are sidegrades, third is a shotty, foruth is meh, 5th and 6th are solid and/or upgrades....etc.
-Grenades; Currently the first is a great, well-balanced version. Second is so-so, and third is blatantly overpowered and soon to be nerfed. So meh.

I mean...Really...I've gotten 100+ kills with over 100 different weapons in BF4 now. I'd sooner argue that some of the later guns you unlock are garbage, not worth using, or just all-round mediocre than I would argue they're "Pay to win" or superior unlocks. Hell, when I get tired of the chore of using the later, hard to use weapons...I find myself going back to starter guns for "easy" kills.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
2 years ago#13
Pay to Win has become so overrated as a "bashing" statement.

Pay to Grind, Pay to skip tedious progression, at terrible prices, etc.

All those "Pay to.." get something small that isn't the full game to start with with a fiar price.

All of those are as disgusting as the oh so dreadful, relative "P2W" which is the only word people accept is evil.

Jesus.

It doesn't matter. Its all ******* evil and nothing of it should ever be acceptable.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Even Battlefield is pay2win now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived