This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone wants me to upgrade their computer. Want your suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Someone wants me to upgrade their computer. Want your suggestions

User Info: Cantankerous12

Cantankerous12
2 years ago#1
Someone I know has got a new pryon rig with the specs as follows

i7-4470 3.4Ghz
16GB RAM
3TB HDD
120GB SATA 3 SSD
GeForce GT630 4GB PCI-E graphics

They have asked me to help them decide what to upgrade (with a budget of about 200 USD) in order to be able to play more modern games. Straight up I can see that the graphics card looks very outdated and so I think it would be best to get a better card with the cash. Suggestions?
PSN: Kev_048

User Info: WeaponX1138

WeaponX1138
2 years ago#2
You could get a 660ti for a little over 200. Would be a pretty decent upgrade.
There go my nipples again STEAM ID: Silentmark1138

User Info: Dragnfyr

Dragnfyr
2 years ago#3
Put all of that towards a new graphics card. You might be limited by the power supply so check that first.
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
2 years ago#4
If the case has room try and go for a 760. If the room isn't there or the PSU is lacking the 750ti would be great.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
2 years ago#5
The graphics card is the weakest link there, definitely go with that. Just make sure the power supply can feed it. If you're unsure, then 650w if generally a safe bet on new parts.
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Someone wants me to upgrade their computer. Want your suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived