This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

first gaming pc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. first gaming pc

User Info: Sora_Anbu

Sora_Anbu
3 years ago#31
If you need a running rig you need cpu mobo ram power supply and storage. Wait til the 880 comes out (mid September).

That's a decent deal on the cpu mobo, so go for it. Then in two weeks look at what's on sale for power supply, ram and ssd/HDD.

You shouldn't be in such a hurry because you won't have a running rig till you get those. Then you can load up a Linux distribution till you buy windows.

The gpu is the last thing you should buy.
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack

User Info: ethsfan

ethsfan
3 years ago#32
I understand, just had a run in with iitunes drm.

i can only use it sometimes. Thats why im trying to get my own player or drive to use on my pc

Since i need a drive anyways just get a cd drive since my bluray player will play dvds?

Will im getting the cpu/mobo now and i can get the ram/power supply/case/storage in 2weeks. The 4790 has integraded graphics so i can use that till the 880?

i would of liked to have a rig by Sep 16th, for my preorder of NS: UNSR. If i download it on my SurPro can i still redownload it on the new rig?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#33
ethsfan posted...
The 4790 has integraded graphics so i can use that till the 880?

Correct.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Sora_Anbu
3 years ago#34
If you buy it on steam you can download it into anything with your steam account.

I think cd drives are extinct... And you can get a did drive for... Like twelve dollars anyways.

And the integrated graphics will work til you get the 880.

User Info: ethsfan

ethsfan
3 years ago#35
I dnt need a cd drive to load the OS?
Or ita a dvd not a cd

Sora_Anbu
3 years ago#36
You can use a USB to load the os. And it's a dvd these days.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#37
ethsfan posted...
I dnt need a cd drive to load the OS?
Or ita a dvd not a cd

Many install by USB now.
I like to keep a DVD burner drive (which plays/burns CDs) for backups, sending disposable media to other people, and making car radio CD's and mp3 discs. Also occasionally you need one for older games. You can get a DVD burner for 7 to 12 bucks.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. first gaming pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived