This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Stanley Parable a fun to play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Stanley Parable a fun to play?

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
3 years ago#1
If I like games like Portal would like The Stanley Parable?
Is it fun to play like Portal 2 or is it more like the first Portal, if not like either then what game is it like?
---
Dell XPS 8300(X8300-7008NBK), Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz, Intel H67 Mobo, Sapphire R9 270X 4GB, Rosewill 550W PSU, 8GB 1333mhz RAM, 2TB HDD, Win7 64bit Home Premium.

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
3 years ago#2
It's not really a game, more like an interactive story. Depending on where you walk to the narrator comments differently and the story changes.

User Info: Clashtonn

Clashtonn
3 years ago#3
This might be the dumbest topic I've ever read on gamefaqs.
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#4
Clashtonn posted...
This might be the dumbest topic I've ever read on gamefaqs.

You'll learn.

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#5
TSP doesn't really have puzzles. What you're mostly doing is walking and hitting a few switches here and there while a narrator talks to you.

It's a very amusing and entertaining game - definitely worth a purchase. Just don't expect anything lengthy (2-3 hours total before things get repetitive).
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
3 years ago#6
TropicMoon10 posted...
TSP doesn't really have puzzles. What you're mostly doing is walking and hitting a few switches here and there while a narrator talks to you.
It's a very amusing and entertaining game - definitely worth a purchase. Just don't expect anything lengthy (2-3 hours total before things get repetitive).

Sounds more like Lifeless Planet minus the sci-fi stuff.
Lifeless Planet is a great game with a great story.
---
Dell XPS 8300(X8300-7008NBK), Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz, Intel H67 Mobo, Sapphire R9 270X 4GB, Rosewill 550W PSU, 8GB 1333mhz RAM, 2TB HDD, Win7 64bit Home Premium.

User Info: wormbo2468

wormbo2468
3 years ago#7
It's a love it or hate it thing. I personally love it. You've got to be a certain type of person to "get" it.
Desktop: i5 4690k | 16GB | 750Ti | 250GB SSD + 1TB | Corsair 550w
Laptop: i5 3337u | 8GB | HD5000 | 750GB | W8 | iPad Mini 2

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#8
If you liked Portal you'll love Stanley. It's sense of humor is so similar it feels like a Valve title.

I won't spoil anything, but I'll say to get the most out of it be sure to play it multiple times over in a row and explore every nook and cranny. Every time you restart during the same session it's a different experience.

Oh and get the demo too. It's its own game in itself.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#9
No and i hated it.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: GM_

GM_
3 years ago#10
SinisterSlay posted...
No and i hated it.

It sucks that you hate art.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Stanley Parable a fun to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived