This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question for PC gamers...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Serious question for PC gamers...

User Info: YogaPantsLover

YogaPantsLover
3 years ago#1
When was the last time you actually bought a game?

No, I'm not talking about pirating the game and then buying it later once its two dollars on steam, I mean actually buying the game for full price when its new.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
3 years ago#2
Preordered 2k15
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Macbook Pro Retina|iPad Air
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#3
My face whenever I see a topic like this... :P

And you're asking two very different things - when is the last time you actually bought a game (implying most of us are pirates), and when is the last time you actually bought a game for full price.

I don't even remember the last time I paid full price for a game on PC *or* console - I always buy on sales, regardless of platform. Unless you count kickstarting Planetary Annihilation I suppose.

But on the flip side, I have an even harder time remembering the last thing I pirated. It was more than a decade ago.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#4
The X-Com game I preordered.
Mount & Blade Warband

I can't think of any others. Demos sell games for me at full price, if the demo is omitted, I won't pay full price for the game.
The original mount & blade I was late to the party so I bought it cheaper (I bought it immediately after playing the demo), but I paid full for warband. For x-com, the demo sold me on the game immediately and I pre-ordered it.

I don't understand why we stopped with demos. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it. You might download the car but that's a different issue.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 years ago#5
Bought Risen 3...great game though a tad bit easy unfortunately on the combat side of things.
A true cinematic 24 fps experience

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#6
www.steamcommunity.com/id/thir_teen

I've never pirated a game, because I don't need to.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: wormbo2468

wormbo2468
3 years ago#7
Grand Theft Auto V

Before that... Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. If you don't count that (It's a £9.99 remake) then Portal 2.
Desktop: i5 4690k | 16GB | 750Ti | 250GB SSD + 1TB | Corsair 550w
Laptop: i5 3337u | 8GB | HD5000 | 750GB | W8 | iPad Mini 2

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#8
I can at least tell you that, the last games I don't regret buying at full price are Valve's games, when they were still working on Half-Life. I bought the Orange Box without any regrets.

Since then... well... I can't say I haven't bought anything full price... but I've had many regrets.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: BilliePilgrim

BilliePilgrim
3 years ago#9
Last night, bought Witcher 3.
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
3 years ago#10
I love that people automatically assume that PC gamers are pirates. I haven't pirated a game since minecraft, then later bought it. I bought The Island and Rust in the past 2 weeks.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Serious question for PC gamers...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived