This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to separate sound from two things into seperate set of speakers.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to separate sound from two things into seperate set of speakers.

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
2 years ago#1
Heya, so I just got my HDMI cable today and have set up my TV as my second monitor (though it's been a touch hard since text on the TV is hard to read and I can't find a way to fix it that doesn't affect my main monitor) but trying to see if I can find away to have certain stuff play through my TV's speakers while the rest comes from my normal PC speakers. Basically I just want stuff I watch on my internet browser (aka netflix, youtube, hulu, etc) to have their sound on the TV while the sounds from my games are on my PC speakers. Is there a way to do this or no? If it helps any, the current web browser I'm using is Chrome.
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971

User Info: Dollarman_2005

Dollarman_2005
2 years ago#2
Would have to be sure the computer can recognize the tv as a seperate aound output. Not sure if that works.

Zanimar
2 years ago#3
I looked at the sound options and it does show my TV as a separate entity and I could even make it my default sound output, but then I had a problem with trying to get Final Fantasy 14 to output through my PC speakers since I couldn't find an option to change device to output sound to in the game.
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 years ago#4
I think every time this issue comes up, someone recommends a program called "Virtual Audio Cable" which would allow you to redirect certain things but I'm not sure if it works like you want it to or not since I don't have a similar thing to test it with...

I tried their "Trial" and the only thing I could determine was that there was a substantial lag, an annoying "TRIAL" voice nag, and a limit to how much you could use it for... whether these things are present in the end product or if it's all designed to force you to pay up, I don't know.
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png

Zanimar
2 years ago#5
Hmm, well I can give it a try and see. Couldn't hurt to try at least. :)
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to separate sound from two things into seperate set of speakers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived