This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is an Alienware worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is an Alienware worth it?

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
2 years ago#1
I need a computer that I can use to play games as well as edit videos and use 3d modeling software. Is it worth it to get an Alienware?
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189

User Info: Dante200X

Dante200X
2 years ago#2
Not worth it at all.
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 years ago#3
No.

User Info: TheCommunator

TheCommunator
2 years ago#4
Yes the lights make your PC go faster

User Info: Mudkip57

Mudkip57
2 years ago#5
Nope

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
2 years ago#6
No. I have one but only because it was a gift. You could purchase a pc with more power for the price you are paying with your alienware.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
2 years ago#7
What would you guys recommend, then?
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189

User Info: Ha_D00D

Ha_D00D
2 years ago#8
You'll be reluctant. You'll be in denial. You'll think, "but there must be another way?!!". You will feel utter regret... if you don't build your own.
HAF 922 | i5 3570k@4.3ghz | Hyper 212 Evo | P8Z77-V LK | Sapphire 7970 DualX@1150/1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | SeaSonic 620w | Mushkin120GB

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#9
If you're willing to build a computer yourself, post a budget and people will be happy to tell you what parts to buy.
If you're not willing to build a computer yourself, go to http://www.ecollegepc.com/intel-haswell.html but you will pay more than if you built it yourself.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
2 years ago#10
Almost anything else.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is an Alienware worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived