This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The i7 920 was such a good CPU. Mines still running strong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The i7 920 was such a good CPU. Mines still running strong

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
2 years ago#11
i had the 940 before getting my imac which had haswell and that baby was still a fast rig before i sold it could of easily used that rig for another 2-3 years

User Info: mdolla651

mdolla651
2 years ago#12
I still have my 920, I bought it so I could futurerproof myself. It's still running strong!!

User Info: EdgeofDarkness

EdgeofDarkness
2 years ago#13
I do rather like that high end CPUs easily last 5+ years currently. I've got a 2600k which is almost going on four years and its likely the last thing in my rig that I'd replace within the next few years.

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 years ago#14
ATARIJAWA posted...
Haley Joel Osment posted...
Considering the new consoles have laptop-grade CPUs inside them, I wouldn't expect games to get much more CPU-intensive any time soon. Maybe a few PC exclusives like Star Citizen will bring it to its knees.

Actually they use AMD Jaguar Temash low power tablet cpu's. They are a step below laptop cpu's.

We are going to see some wild advancements in AI this gen hahahahaha

I really hope we get some good PC games that show off the true power of say a 780/4770K.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#15
I still have my 920 @ 3.6ghz. I've yet to run into a game it struggles with other than a few select MMOs.

GunmaN1905 posted...
I still have one, @3.6ghz currently.

*HIGH FIVE*

This is why Intel = Best
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram //My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S // PS3/360

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
2 years ago#16
I actually got the 950 but pretty much the same thing. Plan on getting an upgrade in maybe a year when I hit the 5 year mark from when I got it, but it's still running strong.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The i7 920 was such a good CPU. Mines still running strong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived