This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old school point and click adventure games worth playing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Old school point and click adventure games worth playing?

User Info: GladiatorDanger

GladiatorDanger
3 years ago#1
Games like Monkey Island and that sort of stuff, what are some good old point and click adventure games you feel are worth playing?
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
3 years ago#2
Sanitarium and "I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream".

They're top fab and worth your time. Available on gog.com, and the latter on steam too.
- My vision is augmented

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#3
Monkey Island 1&2
Day of the Tentacle
Loom
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle

All God tier P&C games that still look/play great. Some of the finest examples of pixel art you'll ever see.

I've never played Grim Fandango but I hear it's aces.
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 years ago#4
-The Gabriel Knight games (GOG);

-The Tex Murphy games (Steam and GOG), specially Pandora Directive and Tesla Effect;

-The Broken Sword games (Steam and GOG);

-Gray Matter (Steam);

-Syberia 1 and 2 (Steam and GOG).
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#5
The Longest Journey (my all-time favorite)
Day of the Tentacle
Grim Fandango
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: syndicator

syndicator
3 years ago#6
a remastered shadowgate just came out give that a try
4670K|Gtx 780ti|Z87-Pro|16 GB Ram|500Gb Evo 840|HDs 3 1Tb 1 1.5Tb
MSI Dominator Pro|12GBRam|4810MQ|Gtx880 8Gb|SSD 250Gb HD 1TB

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
3 years ago#7
Anything from LucasArts and Sierra are generally worth playing, although some are better than others of course.

My favourite Sierra series is the Gabriel Knight trilogy. Luckily all 3 are available digitally.

Unfortunately, many LA games have not made the jump digitally, so good luck getting a hold of them. My faves include Indy and the Fate of Atlantis (this IS available digitally), Monkey Island 2 (also digital) and Sam and Max Hit the Road (NOT available digitally).

Lots of games from the above mentioned companies are good though. I prefer the older games to the newer P&C adventure games.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
3 years ago#8
syndicator posted...
a remastered shadowgate just came out give that a try

Don't bother. Try the Simon and The Sorcerer games. The first two are classics.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 years ago#9
Great suggestions from pothocket and Freeland_Wolf, and I agree about the Tex Murphy games as well. I never played the other games MarceloSampaio mentioned and I probably missed out because Gabriel Knight gets mentioned a lot in these topics.

When I think of great point-and-click adventures, I think of the LucasArts games. I used to really like the Sierra games but don't find them quite up to the same level today, other than Quest For Glory which I think is still fantastic but goes a little lighter on the puzzle aspects in favor of stats and combat abilities.

I sometimes wonder if the games where you don't control an on-screen avatar count (although Tex Murphy falls under that category). If they do, then I did really enjoy the Shannara game. There was also a Death Gate game from the same company using the same engine that I remember being good. Back in the day I played one called The Prophecy which I also remember really liking but it's been a while so don't hold me responsible if it's not as good now!

And if you want something that's punishingly-difficult, atmospheric and creepy, my vote goes to Elvira: Mistress of the Dark. Okay, I haven't played that one in a million years either so it might be terrible, but that game scared the crap out of me as a kid and I never did finish it due to the difficulty.

User Info: apolloooo

apolloooo
3 years ago#10
KillerTruffle posted...
The Longest Journey (my all-time favorite)
Day of the Tentacle
Grim Fandango

i second the longest journey.
one of the enchanting experience ever
http://i.imgur.com/1gwjw39.png
Thanks nayr for the nice pic <3. If i make typos it means i am on my touchsreen phone.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Old school point and click adventure games worth playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived