This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which brand makes the most reliable RAM?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which brand makes the most reliable RAM?

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
3 years ago#11
always used crucial and corsair for years both companies i only had to rma ram once

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#12
Mushkin
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S

User Info: Erik212

Erik212
3 years ago#13
Kokuei05 posted...
Mushkin

Mushkin Enhanced
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#14
I have never had any RAM fail in all my years of using PCs , so personally I am not too worries about it. I just look at the price at this point. If Kingston, Corsair and Crucial for example offer the same thing, I am going to go with the one that is the cheapest.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#15
Erik212 posted...
Mushkin Enhanced

I'm actually using some of this, their blackline low voltage model IIRC.

It's extremely solid ram, even overclocked in high temps with little airflow.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

User Info: Robotron2084

Robotron2084
3 years ago#16
I have had Corsair fail once on me, but the support was excellent and they sent me new sticks.
G.Skill has been solid for about 2 years for me (in 3 different PCs)
Patriot that I have used has been garbage.
Kingston has been hit and miss. They were good for DDR1, but not so good for DDR2. They seem to be improving but I stopped buying them anyway.

User Info: Clashtonn

Clashtonn
3 years ago#17
I've used lots of different brands and have never had an issue with any of them.
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#18
I've never had any RAM fail. In general I tend to buy G Skill as it's as good as or better than Corsair (e.g. Trident X vs Dominator Platinum) for slightly cheaper.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
3 years ago#19
Go look up return rates.
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which brand makes the most reliable RAM?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived