This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really think Origin is the better DRM

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I really think Origin is the better DRM

User Info: RunFromThisGun

RunFromThisGun
3 years ago#11
Each one does it's job. That's about as much as I care to think about them. That said, Steam has the advantage of being around longer.

User Info: MariachiOfDoom

MariachiOfDoom
3 years ago#12
I wouldn't mind origin except that every time they update, my install completely breaks and I have to manually uninstall everything including registry entries to get it working again.

Other than that, the interface is alright. Certainly no worse than steam was for a long time. I think people tend to forget that Steam has had about 10 years to fix, break, fix, update, and fix every little thing. I remember there being pretty much just as much hate for it back in its infancy.
Hey look, a signature!

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
3 years ago#13
Aside from Uplay's asinine patching scheme (at least, it was asinine for SC: Blacklist), I've had no problems with Steam, Origin, or Uplay. They provide at worst a minor inconvenience, and usually are so unobtrusive that it's as if they're not even there.

So whatever.

User Info: killkount

killkount
3 years ago#14
Steam is the best one because that's where 99.9% of my games are >_>
Have an Instagram? Give #fatbushes a follow!
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif

User Info: Yombiee

Yombiee
3 years ago#15
Lemur_H posted...
Ticking_Death posted...
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Origin is butts, uPlay is even more butts. Steam is mostly not butts but I for one welcome our new GOG overlords

You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.

I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#16
I have yet to break down and install Origin, as I find modern military shooters boring and everything BioWare's done since DA:O (which itself was mediocre at best) has been s***.

I buy everything I can from GOG, who is going to be releasing an optional Steam-like client called GOG Galaxy sometime next year probably.

If it's not on GOG, I'll buy it on Steam, and I have repurchased many older games I already had on Steam on GOG just to have them DRM free.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#17
But Steam isn't DRM, therefore the entire basis for your terrible topic is wrong.

GG shill

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
3 years ago#18
I am beaten. Damn.
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I really think Origin is the better DRM

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived