This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me finalize a new PC build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me finalize a new PC build

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#21
As others have said, you don't need a soud card. The only reason to get one would be if you have a 5.1/7.1 setup that you want to use thru optical or coaxial as mobos usually don't support Dolby Digital/DTS. If you plan on using the analog connection or only have 2.1 speakers you'll be be fine with onboard sound.

The ath-m50s don't need an AMP so they'll be fine with the onboard audio.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360

User Info: deadlyforceman

deadlyforceman
2 years ago#22
I didn't order one.

I may order one next month when I order my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR636), but that all depends on how much I spend on speakers.

I use a FiiO E6 with my M50s now, I wasn't planning on buying a desktop amp or anything like that.
Member of the WWEGSB Mafia
DSM for life...'95 GSX - 9.381 at 153mph

User Info: deadlyforceman

deadlyforceman
2 years ago#23
I just looked at the setup in your sig, looks like you have the ProMedia 2.1s and ATH M50 (although yours are coiled) too. As well as a FiiO amp, a PS3 and a 360. I think we'd get along.

I also have a wheel, but just the Driving Force GT - so 2 pedals and a linear shifter.

What do you think of that steelseries mouse pad? I had it in my Amazon cart until my wife talked me out of it lol.

And what arcade/fight pad is that?
Member of the WWEGSB Mafia
DSM for life...'95 GSX - 9.381 at 153mph

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#24
Depends on the mouse you have, I love my QCK+ only because I use 800 dpi and 1.5 sens in source games.

Some mice don't track correctly on black cloth surfaces.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help me finalize a new PC build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived