This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your catalyst for becoming a PC gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your catalyst for becoming a PC gamer?

User Info: XtremeWRATH360

XtremeWRATH360
3 years ago#31
Seeing my cousin with a sweet setup playing Skyrim i was sold instantly. I felt burnt by Sony and MS and was tired of dealing with their limits and not wanting to spend more money on consoles i made the jump to PC. As of now i have no intentions of buying either PS4 or XB1. All the games i want are on PC plus i get PC exclusives, mod support and im not paying monthly for the honor of gaming online.
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag

User Info: bopbop66

bopbop66
3 years ago#32
This gen's new consoles. I adore my Wii U, but PS4/XO have literally no advantage that applies to me.
Accept Kyoko as your new God.

User Info: bravo1

bravo1
3 years ago#33
With the frequency in which I had to use a computer, I decided that it would be best to learn how to build, maintain and troubleshoot them. Don't like using tools that I don't at least have a faint understanding of. After that, building became something of a hobby and a way to make some extra cash here and there. From there, it just made sense to transition to PC gaming. I had the hardware, it was cheaper in the long run and enjoyable.
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 years ago#34
The PS4 and Xbox One are both embarrassingly weak. Plus Steam sales.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#35
Been one all my life. I got gifted games when I was not even 10 years old like Unreal and played games like Duke Nukem. (the platformer)

Of course when I was too young, I played consoles games (Super Nintendo era, and early N64 era), but point is I played PC stuff very early, until I just became the PC guy (I can't say the exact age but at around 10, I was most certainly, constantly on the family PC).

I think thats close enough to being born a PC gamer.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: Xero Kaiser

Xero Kaiser
3 years ago#36
I had played some PC games growing up (Warcraft 2, Diablo, and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries mostly) but it wasn't until the early 2000's that I really started gravitating towards PC gaming. Baldur's gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, KoTOR, VTM: Bloodlines, FarCry, Morrowind, Dawn of War, etc. It just got harder and harder to go back to my consoles as time went on. I haven't quit console gaming entirely, but I spend the vast majority of my gaming time on my PC now.

User Info: Norlout

Norlout
3 years ago#37
I got a job so i could afford a gaming pc.
That and i wanted to play all the future games my pc could not handle.
So i decided to buy the best i could so i would not hafto upgrade it soon.
5 years later i bought a new gaming pc that have and will last longer than my previous one.

User Info: rtkamb1770

rtkamb1770
3 years ago#38
Games like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Myst, Grim Fandango, Baldur's Gate... whoops got carried away there.
Against my better judgment, I have decided to put my MAL URL here:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/rtkamb

User Info: wdfoster

wdfoster
3 years ago#39
Xbox 360 Kinect
Xbox One reveal
Steam Sales
Having kids as well
Steam ID - BarneyRound

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#40
I was touched by God.

Playing games is all that takes my mind off it. :(
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your catalyst for becoming a PC gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived