This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Asking for Build Advice: A Guide for New Builders V1.0

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Asking for Build Advice: A Guide for New Builders V1.0

User Info: _The-AwfulTruth

_The-AwfulTruth
11 months ago#111
grimreaper698 posted...
I've got a console (360) which Is partly why the budget isn't so nice (games cost 3 arms & a leg half the time).

Anyway I'm going to wait for Jan.

Ty.

Sell your console(s) + games to raise $$$ for a gaming PC. Trust me, this will be the best decision you will ever make.

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
11 months ago#112
_The-AwfulTruth posted...
grimreaper698 posted...
I've got a console (360) which Is partly why the budget isn't so nice (games cost 3 arms & a leg half the time).

Anyway I'm going to wait for Jan.

Ty.

Sell your console(s) + games to raise $$$ for a gaming PC. Trust me, this will be the best decision you will ever make.

Console is my bro's. We got it for co-op since buying/building 2 pc's back then was out of the question (still is somewhat, other interests have come along). It would sell for peanuts, plus there are a couple games we still play (mostly the assassin's creed's, COD's & dark souls series') from time to time so...
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: OmegaGogetaSSJ8

OmegaGogetaSSJ8
11 months ago#113
yohabroha posted...
-Is this PC going to be solely for gaming, internet browsing and lightweight apps?

Yes, I’d like to at least play 1080p 60fps frame-crucial (fighting) games online, and maybe play a game and a video at the same time on two monitors. Certain XB1, PS4, PCSX2, etc games instead of buying a bunch of consoles. At this point I don’t really care about the new 4K consoles/games coming out if keeping up with them is a lot more expensive, but I'd like the option to add more power in the future without replacing (scrapping) current purchases.

-We will need to know how much you're willing to spend in order to assess if it's even possible to build a PC that suits your needs and fits your budget.

I prefer it cost less than it would to just get a ps4 and a basic media PC that can stream 1080p60 twitch, youtube, etc. I don’t think money is that big an issue for what I’m looking for though, like if I’m gonna do this I at least want VR capability.

-Which of these parts do you have?

I have a Corsair GS600 power supply, 500GB HDD with Win7, a stock Dell XPS 410, HP Pavilion a1450n, Dell Inspiron 1318, keyboard, mouse, etc.

-Do you plan on having a setup with multiple graphics cards down the road (SLI/Crossfire)

If this is what I was talking about in my first paragraph (add more power) then yes.

Jedi_Knif3d posted...
DrPandaForest posted...
friend, this is the wrong topic to be posting an ibuypower link

Not at all. You build your PC by choosing the parts, they assemble it.

This is the route I’d prefer with a warranty in case the following happens or if a part just comes defective or with a “shortened lifespan”. I don't have the right work space, time, or familiarity with most of the things he's talking about in the vid to do it myself.

jjedi_knife posted...
How to build a computer in 30 minutes with EasyPCbuilder! - Gaming PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUghCx9iso

“you may not completely break anything but you do run the chance of shortening the life of your components"

(subtitles) "your motherboard or other components will have a holiday indefinitely"
(message deleted)

User Info: OmegaGogetaSSJ8

OmegaGogetaSSJ8
11 months ago#115
premature tyrant posted...
each individual part comes with a warranty

you're just making excuses

building a PC is easier than putting most lego sets together

I meant a warranty on a PC - parts and build. They’re not excuses if I’m bypassing something I don’t need to do. I’ve never had the need or desire to build a lego set either, and I hear the lego thing as much as I hear it’s a huge pain in the ass with tons of potential issues and can take several hours. “Build it yourself” and not offering any parts recommendations is not a helpful reply.

If someone can just recommend a pre-build or parts based on what I’m looking for and maybe I can have a local place build it and refurbish and include my PSU and HDD. I don’t care how it goes I just need a new PC not a new hobby.

User Info: The_Truth

The_Truth
11 months ago#116
How to build a Hackintosh from start to finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvu6gHWDPRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeCvTMlN3Y

User Info: cugabuh

cugabuh
10 months ago#117
yohabroha posted...

I noticed in another topic you mentioned building a Fractal Node 202 HTPC rig. A few months later, how's it holding up? I am in the process of building a 202 rig and I'm nervous about throwing the extra Strix970 I have laying around in the thing. I've read mixed impressions on using a GPU that's not a rear exhaust blower style.

How are your temps? Which GPU is inside and do you have the case sitting horizontally or vertically?

Any input helps - thanks Man.
Steam: Big Denim | PSN: cugabuh
4790k OC | MSI GTX1080 | 16gb crucial | Maximus VII Hero
(edited 10 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Asking for Build Advice: A Guide for New Builders V1.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed