This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam is running but won't maximise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam is running but won't maximise

User Info: nightcola

nightcola
1 year ago#1
Steam is running and when logged in it shows the latest deals but not anything else like the store or my library. The steam icon is just there and won't maximise. How do I fix this frustrating issue ?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#2
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

nightcola
1 year ago#3
yes i tried logging out and in again. It only displays anything if i activate big picture mode. Otherwise it stays as an icon that won't open or expand.

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
1 year ago#4
its in the settings where you can disable that
currently playing: F.3.A.R. (pc)

nightcola
1 year ago#5
Turns out I had more cables plugged into my monitor so it fixed when i took out the DVI etc and just left in the HDMI and rebooted.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 year ago#6
lol, you had your monitor plugged into your PC more than once?

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 year ago#7
I have this problem with Outlook at work. Something you can try, if it happens in the future, is make sure the Steam window is selected, then press alt + space bar. This will bring up the menu that will let you Move the window (if it's off screen, once you select it you can move it with the mouse cursor) or manually maximize it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam is running but won't maximise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived