This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any recommendations for a cheapish computer desk?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any recommendations for a cheapish computer desk?

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
1 year ago#1
Been leaning towards this

https://www.amazon.com/Walker-Edison-3-Piece-Contemporary-Multi/dp/B00166DUSG/

Anyone have any other things to consider?
Are you a fan 3D turn based rpgs?
Go check out (and if interested, support!!) Soul Saga,Cross Reverie, Earthlock, and Edge of Eternity! Keep the genre alive!!

User Info: Metalfan49

Metalfan49
1 year ago#2
Nice find, got me thinking of getting one too at that price.

However, reviews state the tray is too tiny for keyboard+mouse, and that's my issue with my current desk. A quick search hasn't turned up any similar desks with larger trays unfortunately.
Love,
metalfan49

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
1 year ago#3
bumparino
Are you a fan 3D turn based rpgs?
Go check out (and if interested, support!!) Soul Saga,Cross Reverie, Earthlock, and Edge of Eternity! Keep the genre alive!!

User Info: unsolidsnake

unsolidsnake
1 year ago#4
I came in to say get the desk I have, but you already found it. Get that one, I love mine. And if you ever want to use it as a smaller single piece desk you can take the corner off and you have two smaller desks. I did this for awhile.
Whoo!
Howwwwwwllll....

User Info: unsolidsnake

unsolidsnake
1 year ago#5
Actually, thats not the same exact one as mine. Mine doesn't have a keyboard tray. I intentionally got one without a tray because I've always felt like the trays sit too low and I can't get my legs under the desk because of it.
Whoo!
Howwwwwwllll....

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
1 year ago#6
I get my desks at Goodwill. They got some good finds sometimes.
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 year ago#7
That desk looks tiny. If you have an ikea near you you can throw something together that's much larger for under $80.

User Info: SkrallRampager

SkrallRampager
1 year ago#8
Craigslist.

No... seriously...

If you're willing to do the diligence/legwork, you can get a very nice (solid oak or pine even!) desk for a fraction of the price.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
1 year ago#9
Can always build your own. Go to your local hardware store and buy a basic wooden door and two low profile book shelves and screw them together and you have a sturdy nice looking desk.

I did that for my wife's desk in the other bedroom and put a support block mounted to the wall in the middle of the door and screwed it together and it offers a large surface area to work with and the doorknob hole give you a spot to run your wires under the desk.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, EVGA GTX 970 FTW SLI

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
1 year ago#10
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
I get my desks at Goodwill. They got some good finds sometimes.

I second this.
Before you spend any money on a desk, hit up your local thrift stores.

Also try posting on Facebook asking if anyone has an old desk they are looking to get rid of.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any recommendations for a cheapish computer desk?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived