This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions on Crusader Kings 2, Rise of Nations, and Age of Mythology?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions on Crusader Kings 2, Rise of Nations, and Age of Mythology?

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
1 year ago#11
CK2 I haven't played enough to comment on, but it has a loyal fanbase among grand strategy players.

RoN is, as previously stated, what you would get if you wanted to make Civ a RTS style game.

AoM (minus the new expansion) is a great old school RTS that deviates from AoE via its god powers and varied troops.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: DavidZ2844

DavidZ2844
1 year ago#12
AndreLeGeant posted...
IIRC you don't need all of the DLC, just the major updates. A lot of DLC is minor additions of music, units, etc. None of which the GOT mod needs.

I love the GOT mod.

Would you happen to know which major DLC those are? I don't want to spend money on the minor superflous stuff that you mentioned, and to be honest, I'm having trouble distinguishing any of the DLC from that lol.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 year ago#13
DavidZ2844 posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
IIRC you don't need all of the DLC, just the major updates. A lot of DLC is minor additions of music, units, etc. None of which the GOT mod needs.

I love the GOT mod.

Would you happen to know which major DLC those are? I don't want to spend money on the minor superflous stuff that you mentioned, and to be honest, I'm having trouble distinguishing any of the DLC from that lol.

It's on the website for the mod. I don't recall off hand.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
1 year ago#14
Rise of Nations is probably my favorite RTS
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: DavidZ2844

DavidZ2844
1 year ago#15
Is Rise of Nations the best "ancient to modern era" RTS out there? I've heard of similar RTS games like Empire Earth 2 and such.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 year ago#16
Age of mythology was like a better age of empires with God powers and the legendary triple nipple maiden of the lake
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
1 year ago#17
Talked about CK2 recently: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/73939365?page=1 Basically, the game is great while you're still learning it, but you may be disappointed with how easy it is once you figure out the mechanics.

I've played the GoT mod a few times before. The storyline events play out very rapidly, so you're mostly going to be playing for the mechanics changes. I tried playing as Jon in the final scenario, choosing to take Stannis's offer to become Jon Stark, but it kept bugging out on me. I'd get a gameover as soon as we took Winterfell. I got it to work once, but afterwards the wars played out so quickly, I couldn't even march my troops to the Neck before the entire 7 Kingdoms declared war on me. I also tried the Long Night fight, but that was kinda lame.
... even on Earth Mode.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions on Crusader Kings 2, Rise of Nations, and Age of Mythology?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived