This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 or Dead Space 1+2: which would you choose?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 or Dead Space 1+2: which would you choose?

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 year ago#1
Can only allocated time for one to add into backlog - Results (93 votes)
Borderlands 2: GoTY
53.76% (50 votes)
Dead Space 1 + 2
41.94% (39 votes)
Tomb Raider 2013 just because
4.3% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Title
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: DragonRaizen

DragonRaizen
1 year ago#2
Well I put 210 hours into Borderlands 2 across four of the six different characters so...
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin

User Info: sockesocke

sockesocke
1 year ago#3
tomb raider, borderlands, dead space. in that order.
maidenkanada:
wtf is a goat simulator is that like a blow doll but a goat for those religious people that live in the desert and blow stuff up

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 year ago#4
Borderlands 2 is trash like everything else with Gearbox name on it. It's not even as good as the first game.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 year ago#5
I would go with Borderlands 2. I have over 400 hours put into it from a single character.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 year ago#6
Hi C posted...
Borderlands 2 is trash like everything else with Gearbox name on it. It's not even as good as the first game.

TBQH, I heard the first one was basically a beta version to the 2nd. Borderlands 2 is apparently the first game, but better.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 year ago#7
Chaos_Missile posted...
Hi C posted...

TBQH, I heard the first one was basically a beta version to the 2nd. Borderlands 2 is apparently the first game, but better.

The gameplay and graphics are slightly better but it's a downgrade in every other way, including loot which is the singlemost important thing to me in a loot based game. I got about 150 hours out of it but it was 150 hours of something not feeling quite right relative to the first game, when I stumbled across the loot and itemization tables online I immediately realized what was wrong.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
1 year ago#8
sockesocke posted...
tomb raider, borderlands, dead space. in that order.

Agreed in general, though I might put BL ahead of TR if you've never played a borderlands game before (or a loot shooter like Destiny) just because its so amazingly addictive the first time you get in. Both excellent games.
"up up down down left right left right B A select Curry" - Ben-N1ce

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 year ago#9
PhilOnDez posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Hi C posted...

The gameplay and graphics are slightly better but it's a downgrade in every other way, including loot which is the singlemost important thing to me in a loot based game. I got about 150 hours out of it but it was 150 hours of something not feeling quite right relative to the first game, when I stumbled across the loot and itemization tables online I immediately realized what was wrong.

So what was wrong with it?
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 year ago#10
Legendary loot is tied to bosses but still has roughly the same drop rate as the first game. This means you'll be farming the same boss over and over again for hours to get the drops you want. The first game had a few uniques with an increased chance to drop off of certain enemies but for the most part it just rewarded you for playing, you'd get a random orange every couple of hours just playing, 2 might give you one orange from an afternoon of grinding the same fight over and over and over (and over and over etc). Guess which system is more fun, the one where you're exploring different areas and fighting varied enemies, or the one where you're reloading your save every 30 seconds to do what you just did again and hoping for a different outcome.

On top of legendaries being no fun to farm, they're also not much fun once you actually get them. In 2, every unique/legendary part is a barrel. This means you're never going to get a truly unique weapon because aside from slight variation in the damage every 'unique' is exactly the same as any other one of the same weapon. Compare this to 1 where unique and legendary parts were distributed among the various components allowing you to find something with multiple effects that was truly your own.

In addition to every unique/legendary part being a barrel, there's just significantly less parts in general. For a game with an advertising campaign focused on how the game contained "bazillions" of guns they definitely under delivered with the base game offering less than a million possible combinations. I did the math at one point and it was something like 860,000. That sounds like a lot but if you compare it to the first game's 13,000,000 it's a massive downgrade.

Then there's the issue of storage. In a loot based game I always love holding onto my favorite weapons, even once they're outdated and not particularly useful anymore, especially if I can give those weapons to a new character if I decide to make one. In the first game you get more personal inventory on every character than 2 gives you personal+bank space and part of 2's storage is shared between characters. 1 also has a huge bank if you have the GotY edition.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 or Dead Space 1+2: which would you choose?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived