This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Macbooks are so much better than PC laptops

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Macbooks are so much better than PC laptops

User Info: TurretSyndrome

TurretSyndrome
1 year ago#41
Apple OSes are definitely more stable than Windows. I will not be one to delude myself to think otherwise, but keeping that in mind I will say that all Apple products are severely overpriced.

Apple is just one of those brands that create this illusion of quality for the price, while saying it's worth it but really they're ripping people off.

I wouldn't buy a Macbook for 1500$ when I can get a decent windows laptop for half the price with better specs. People who think we're missing out on the "experience" are really just frogs-in-the-well who prefer to be oblivious to the fact that you can fulfil your requirements with far cheaper product and stay cost-effective.

User Info: SirisS-G-P

SirisS-G-P
1 year ago#42
Macs are crap and I know from first hand. I regret buying a mac book more than I regret buying DAYZ and that's saying a lot.
PC Gaming:: +Free Online +GameShare on 5 PCs +True Backward Compatibility
+1080p/60fps or higher +More Exclusives +Mods +Customization +Cheaper Games ::

User Info: TrueKu

TrueKu
1 year ago#43
The only PC laptop remotely comparable to Macbooks is the Lenovo T460s, and that costs more and has the most idiotic battery design possible. Dual 23Whr means you get like 4 hours of batttery life and the cells get trashed being in a boundary state far from equilibrium all the time. With terrible battery life and unuseable trackpad. And you have to upgrade to the $1600 model to get a usable screen. Backlit versions of PC keyboard are mushy mushy. Have to get non-backlit to get clicky type. Complete mess. Webcams on Thinkpads are trash they siphoned from opium dealers in Huaqiang bay. Trackpad designed by 6-year old migrant farmers looking for city life. 99.99% of PC laptops don't support DP or HDMI 2.0. Complete trash. Mix matching USB 2.0/3.0 ports to save 25 cents on USB controller. Thinkpad chassis made by ex-Fisherprice factory, creaks and cracks.
Chief Scientician

User Info: TrueKu

TrueKu
1 year ago#44
Not a single PC laptop has a reasonable power cable connector. Apple uses a consistent and intelligent design. All these PC guys have to come up with 1000+ iterations changing sizes and shapes every month to try to sell more power adapters because they're so desperate to pinch pennies and screw you over. They have power ports designed to fail. No indicator lights to save $0.05 on LED and resistor.
Chief Scientician

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 year ago#45
herpaderpadeedoo!
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Laihendi

Laihendi
1 year ago#46
TrueKu posted...
Not a single PC laptop has a reasonable power cable connector. Apple uses a consistent and intelligent design. All these PC guys have to come up with 1000+ iterations changing sizes and shapes every month to try to sell more power adapters because they're so desperate to pinch pennies and screw you over. They have power ports designed to fail. No indicator lights to save $0.05 on LED and resistor.

Actually some pc laptops do use a universal power cable connector. It is just that many other bands do not.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
1 year ago#47
TrueKu posted...

really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyTA33HQZLA
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
1 year ago#48
I prefer Thinkpads for Spartan, work-focused builds, and HP Laptops for my more travel-entertainment focused laptops. Apple can take their proprietary nonsense and shove it. I typically avoid thier products, as I don't think aesthetics and percieved security benefits trump freedom to modify and tweak on more open products.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
"To the Privileged, Equality feels like Oppression..."

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 year ago#49
My surface pro 3 eats MacBooks for breakfast.

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
1 year ago#50
TurretSyndrome posted...
Apple OSes are definitely more stable than Windows. I will not be one to delude myself to think otherwise, but keeping that in mind I will say that all Apple products are severely overpriced.

Apple is just one of those brands that create this illusion of quality for the price, while saying it's worth it but really they're ripping people off.

I wouldn't buy a Macbook for 1500$ when I can get a decent windows laptop for half the price with better specs. People who think we're missing out on the "experience" are really just frogs-in-the-well who prefer to be oblivious to the fact that you can fulfil your requirements with far cheaper product and stay cost-effective.

Specs are more than CPU+GPU. Anyone that uses their laptop a lot appreciates things like better trackpad, screen, construction, weight, battery life etc. etc.

If you want beastly specs, go play on your desktop.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI GTX 970 4G | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Macbooks are so much better than PC laptops

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived