This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the Serious Sam games/versions are the best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which of the Serious Sam games/versions are the best?

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
5 months ago#1
Thinking of buying one or two of them for not much.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
5 months ago#2
Serious Sam VR or bust, tbh..

But if I had to choose, The First/Second encounter are probably the most accessible. Serious Sam 3 was ass, IMHO, and the older ones may feel a bit dated at this point.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
5 months ago#3
Serious Sam HD TFE and TSE are the ones with Fusion support, l kinda made the mistake of buying the whole series because getting the old games is pointless. SS3 doesn't have Fusion support yet but it'll happen in the future so you might as well pick it.

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
5 months ago#4
HD First encounter and Second encounter, they have only one or two minor changes somewhere from the originals, otherwise much improved graphics.
Third game is quite good, but the first 3 or 4 levels are a bit meh (after you played them once, you'll be able to just run through them and they'll be fun still).
Second game is a bit cartoony and not as good, but still fun.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
5 months ago#5
ablerider posted...
SS3 doesn't have Fusion support yet but it'll happen in the future so you might as well pick it.

Just dropped yesterday, looks like.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
5 months ago#6
Zohar_Metatron posted...
ablerider posted...
SS3 doesn't have Fusion support yet but it'll happen in the future so you might as well pick it.

Just dropped yesterday, looks like.

I don't have it installed, but "BFE" is listed as a DLC I owned. So yep.

I recommend the whole damn thing. Get Gold Edition+BFE at the very least. But play it through Fusion.

maybecalls
5 months ago#7
If I just bought HD Second encounter, does that still include Fusion? It only seems to be bundled with HD First Encounter. ***CONFUSED***

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
5 months ago#8
Just buy HD First encounter and 3 as well, they're pretty much 5 euros / dollars as a whole you cheap monster :P
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

maybecalls
5 months ago#9
Rhyten posted...
Just buy HD First encounter and 3 as well, they're pretty much 5 euros / dollars as a whole you cheap monster :P

Haha, I figure I might as well just buy one game. Is HD First Encounter better than HD Second Encounter?

maybecalls
5 months ago#10
Okay, I went with HD First Encounter and HD Second Encounter. I'm installing the actual games now. Do I really need to install that Fusion thingy, though? It's 3.7GB.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which of the Serious Sam games/versions are the best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived