This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The GPD Win

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The GPD Win

User Info: Villain

Villain
4 months ago#21
XD has like 9 hours of battery life FYI
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg Formally known as Will VIIII
Game Discounts + Deals: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1205-discounts-and-deals

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
4 months ago#22
Yeah but my Galaxy Note 4 has 3 days.

User Info: Villain

Villain
4 months ago#23
3 days of constant use?
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg Formally known as Will VIIII
Game Discounts + Deals: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1205-discounts-and-deals
(message deleted)

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
4 months ago#25
No. Maybe a full 24 day of constant strenuous hard use. A week of no use.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#26
Ok so I got the GPD XD yesterday. I like it a lot. Been playing Mega Man Battle Network and other GBA classics I used to play. The battery life is really good. I stayed up until 4am in the morning and I still had 30% charge left. Had it on since 9pm. Was heavily played it from 12-4am and 10-11 ish.

I could see up to 7-8 hours of straight playing on just battery and it still working. I also had the brightness up high too. The screen looks very nice for games. Especially with Arcade games. Marvel vs Capcom 1 looks absolutely beautiful. Also played Castlevania Dracula X from the SNES looks and sounds amazing.

It comes with a few games and emulators preinstalled(Castlevania Dracula X, Marvel vs Capcom 1, Street Fighter 3 Alpha). I'd say it has about 50 games from different systems preinstalled. I'll likely delete them all though.

The downsides. First when you take the system out the package, it has that new plastic smell. and that may make you think that its cheaply built. It actually has pretty solid build quality in my opinion though. Just takes about an hour or two for you to break it in. The hinge is strong and well built, but not too tight either.

The GUI looks bad, like one of those cheap tablets you get for $50 bucks at a random electronics store. There are other launchers you can use though. And it comes with a lot of useful preinstalled apps like I mentioned before. Also comes with this app that kind of fuses all of your emulators and allows you to just pick whatever game you like and it runs it. Like a front end for all your emulators

The buttons are soft and smooth and responsive, they grew on me. I'll be honest the d-pad does concern me in that it feels kind of mushy. But its still super responsive. People have compared the buttons to the GBA Micro. I think thats just the way its designed. The analog sticks are really well built. People say its the same analog sticks as the PS Vita. The shoulder buttons are very nice and clicky. It's built Like the GBA SP. Overall the buttons are solid. Good enough for you to play whatever you want without them being an issue. I Was able to hadouken and shoryuken pretty easily with the buttons in Street Fighter alpha 3.

For the most part the the gamepad buttons worked with every game that I used automatically without having to configure it so thats good

Once I install my stuff and customize it how I like I could see myself spending a lott of time using it. Its great all around.

I also love the packaging. All in all its just a really nice product. It makes you feel like you're not just buying something cheap. It comes with a screen protector too which is a niceaddition

User Info: TheWorstPoster

TheWorstPoster
4 months ago#27

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
4 months ago#28
Yes?
DorkLink said I could borrow his signature so I did (see below):

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#29
Ok I don't want to ramble too much. Since I had a long post earlier

But After spending some more time with this, I absolutely Love this device. It runs even demanding games very very smooth. PSP Emulators, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Android etc.

Playing DBZ Shin Budokai and especially DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team was like a dream. I still play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to this day and it's been like 10 years since it released, so being able to play something similar with the same fighting system(Tenkaichi Tag Team) is just amazing to me. and its full speed no slow downs graphical glitches or anything like that.

Also since its android you can take screenshots of your gameplay.

It's just very useful all around. Easily just as good as a 3DS or PSP Vita if you want a handheld system. It's like it combines the best qualitys of both. The clamshell design and durability of a 3DS, along with the multi purpose ability of a PSP. And like I said before it has a great battery life. 8+ hours In game. It can last for days outside of gameplay. Since its Android you can play movies, go on the internet, play Music alongside your games if you want, multitask do basically whatever you want with it.

Plus it plays the latest Android games well. Even the PSP doesn't have Grand theft Auto San Andreas, Vice City or III. And its not like watered down versions either. The graphics are just as good, better in many ways actually way better than the original PS2 versions(High resolution and anti aliasing) and with the controls it feels great to play. Not cumbersome to use like on a Smartphone. I got deep into the game and played more than I expected.It just feels good being able to go to bed but pick it up and play and put it down whenever you want.

Anybody thats looking for a handheld system like the 3DS or PSP Vita. This is a strong option

User Info: TheWorstPoster

TheWorstPoster
4 months ago#30
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Ok I don't want to ramble too much. Since I had a long post earlier

That is the XD, which is their Android handheld.

I am talking about the Win, which is their Windows 10 handheld.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The GPD Win

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived