This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The GPD Win

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The GPD Win

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
3 months ago#61
I've seen a few threads across the 'net where other people with GPD Wins mention having the keyboard issue.

There was even a thread where it was mentioned to GPD support. They linked to a driver update and asked the user to report if it fixed the problem. It didn't. :(

I also have the issue with the system crashing while in sleep mode. Combined with the keyboard issue, it's a real gamebreaker. I pretty much only use my GPD Win for visual novels w/ mouse input and a save anywhere feature as a result.

I keep installing official GPD updates and Win10 updates hoping something will fix it.

Maybe eventually I'll learn enough about electronics/computers to try diagnosing the problem at a higher level. But studying that stuff is just a very minor side-hobby for now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
3 months ago#62
Lightwarrior11 posted...
I've seen a few threads across the 'net where other people with GPD Wins mention having the keyboard issue.

There was even a thread where it was mentioned to GPD support. They linked to a driver update and asked the user to report if it fixed the problem. It didn't. :(

I also have the issue with the system crashing while in sleep mode. Combined with the keyboard issue, it's a real gamebreaker. I pretty much only use my GPD Win for visual novels w/ mouse input and a save anywhere feature as a result.

I keep installing official GPD updates and Win10 updates hoping something will fix it.

Maybe eventually I'll learn enough about electronics/computers to try diagnosing the problem at a higher level. But studying that stuff is just a very minor side-hobby for now.

I don't even use sleep mode. I have it hibernate when I close it.
GPD Win PC handheld: Intel Atom X7 Z8700 @2.4GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB storage, 6700mAh battery, 1280x720 resolution
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
3 months ago#63
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I don't even use sleep mode. I have it hibernate when I close it.

That's a good idea, thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
3 months ago#64
For me, unfortunately, it scales back the usability of it as a UMPC. Nifty portable PC gaming device but undercuts its awesome potential.
DorkLink said I could borrow his signature so I did (see below):

User Info: TheWorstPoster

TheWorstPoster
3 months ago#65
bump

TheWorstPoster
3 months ago#66
I hate the keyboard on this thing, but then again this thing wasn't exactly meant for web browsing, and I barely use the keyboard much

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
2 months ago#67
TheWorstPoster posted...
I hate the keyboard on this thing, but then again this thing wasn't exactly meant for web browsing, and I barely use the keyboard much

Actually, I like the keyboard more than the touch screen keyboard on my phone (Galaxy S6). I typo A LOT on my phone because of the lack of tactile feedback.

Just typing this message, I had to correct a lot of typos. But my GPD win takes longer to type, but I rarely typo on it.
GPD Win PC handheld: Intel Atom X7 Z8700 @2.4GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB storage, 6700mAh battery, 1280x720 resolution
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha

TheWorstPoster
2 months ago#68
GoldenSun3DS posted...

Just typing this message, I had to correct a lot of typos. But my GPD win takes longer to type, but I rarely typo on it.

That's not an improvement

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 months ago#69
GoldenSun3DS posted...
TheWorstPoster posted...

Actually, I like the keyboard more than the touch screen keyboard on my phone (Galaxy S6). I typo A LOT on my phone because of the lack of tactile feedback.

Sorry but nah. These cheap Chinese keyboards suck compared to the best of mobile software keyboards. I loved my HTC touch pro and touch pro 2 for a hardware keyboard. I wish we could get a mobile phone/PC like that again.
-President and CEO of my mind

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#70
captsplatter_1 posted...
Looked it up and its being scalped. If you think about it all 3 companies (Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo) have handheld systems.

except Microsoft has nothing to do with it. Its just using there OS.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The GPD Win

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived