This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of u not even getting current gen console at all, & just sticking..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of u not even getting current gen console at all, & just sticking..

User Info: SirisS_G_P

SirisS_G_P
1 month ago#71
Just sticky to PC, it has the best exclusives.
Add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirisS-G-P/

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#72
RyanEsau posted...
PS4/PC.

I started out on PlayStation and still enjoy PlayStation. So, sticking to hybrid as I've pretty much always been. No Nintendo/Xbox.

Only just got a gaming PC like last year though. So most games I played on console during last gen since I couldn't exactly run them on PC. (Almost a whole year has passed now... Damn. Time flew o_o Still remember putting the PC together...)

Xbox is worthless now if you have a gaming PC.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#73
SirisS_G_P posted...
Just sticky to PC, it has the best exclusives.

Eg. "I prefer the PC platform/exclusives, therefore everybody else must share my same tastes". Somebody who doesn't care about "Mount and Blade" and other PC exclusives, but loves the Uncharted/Rachet and Clank games isn't going to run right out and buy a gaming PC.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

JKatarn
1 month ago#74
Death_Born posted...
PS4 has so many killer exclusives that I simply could not resist buying one. I held out for a long time, but when I saw a good deal I had to bite. I dont regret it in the slightest.

You are a rare specimen: an actual gamer on PC:H, like finding a needle in a haystick (or in this case, a flake of gold in a fetid swamp).
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

JKatarn
1 month ago#75
clowning posted...
There are a couple pf PS4 exclusives I'd like, but spending $$$ on a console to play a couple games seems silly to me. I might buy the PS4 in a few years if I can get it ridiculously cheap, like $50 or so, and the games are still around to be bought.

If you want to play those games badly enough....the whole point of gaming hardware is to play games. Case in point, I'm glad I have a Wii-U for games like Super Mario Maker and BoTW, I don't care that it doesn't have 700+ AAA games, I wanted to play a few specific games, so I got one. (I know CEMU exists, but it's still buggy as s***, and I prefer actual, accurate hardware for newer hardware where emulation is a non-trivial affair.)

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#76
JKatarn posted...
Somebody who doesn't care about "Mount and Blade" and other PC exclusives, but loves the Uncharted/Rachet and Clank games isn't going to run right out and buy a gaming PC.

Actually, that is exactly what I did.

JKatarn posted...
an actual gamer on PC:H

There is no such thing as an "actual gamer". Your entire line of reasoning is gross and something I'd expect to see on a console dick measuring thread.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

JKatarn
1 month ago#77
Bleu_Skie posted...
There is no such thing as an "actual gamer". Your entire line of reasoning is gross and something I'd expect to see on a console dick measuring thread.

Yes there is, as in someone who "actually" plays games, instead of speculating on company policy/sales etc. on here like many GameFAQs posters. You know, those who claim to enjoy games, go on about length about how X piece of hardware is better for games or Y series is better than others but actually spend more time posting on here than playing the games they profess to enjoy?

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#78
My new PC is the first one I've had in like, 10 years able to run modern games, so I'll just be grabbing PC games for like, awhile.

Lotsa good stuff I'm just now catching up on.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: clowning

clowning
1 month ago#79
JKatarn posted...
clowning posted...
There are a couple pf PS4 exclusives I'd like, but spending $$$ on a console to play a couple games seems silly to me. I might buy the PS4 in a few years if I can get it ridiculously cheap, like $50 or so, and the games are still around to be bought.

If you want to play those games badly enough....the whole point of gaming hardware is to play games. Case in point, I'm glad I have a Wii-U for games like Super Mario Maker and BoTW, I don't care that it doesn't have 700+ AAA games, I wanted to play a few specific games, so I got one. (I know CEMU exists, but it's still buggy as s***, and I prefer actual, accurate hardware for newer hardware where emulation is a non-trivial affair.)

Obviously I don't want to play them badly enough to spend $200 or so on a console at this point in time, or I would own the PS4. After all, I have several games on PC I have not finished or even started yet, so it's not like I'm hurting for games.

I'm not one of those people who is anti-console or some such nonsense, there's just no value in spending $$$ on a console for 2 games.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#80
JoboHotep posted...
My new PC is the first one I've had in like, 10 years able to run modern games, so I'll just be grabbing PC games for like, awhile.

Lotsa good stuff I'm just now catching up on.

Ha ha ya, been about just as long for me too. Just need the GPU but I'm waiting on the Vega cards to release myself. I'm interested in getting an AMD gpu due to freesync monitors being much cheaper compared to gsync. Yes yes gsync is better, but saving $200 is even more.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of u not even getting current gen console at all, & just sticking..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived