This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are laptops worth it for gaming? Or just invest in a PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are laptops worth it for gaming? Or just invest in a PC?

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
4 months ago#21
enderall posted...
Just buy the Helios 300 laptop for $1050. Its an i7, GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. That's the only deal for good 1080p.

s*** screen
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

User Info: Iceylemon

Iceylemon
4 months ago#22
Cruzader619 posted...
enderall posted...
Just buy the Helios 300 laptop for $1050. Its an i7, GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. That's the only deal for good 1080p.

s*** screen

Got to cut corners somewhere to save $.

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
4 months ago#23
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAATJ5NR7301
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
4 months ago#24
eatbeef40 posted...
I have a console, but when it comes to FPS and etc. I prefer PC gaming due to the fact that my accuracy is more on point. Plus games like Overwatch, I can't play well with characters like Genji, Hanzo etc. And I feel they're more preferred on PC. I also like playing games like Starcraft.

Just found this on Newegg. Hows a PC like this?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230030&ignorebbr=1

Garbage.

Get a XIM4. I have a PS4 with XIM4 to play FPS games. The translation from controller to mouse is not perfect but enough that I do close to how well I do on PC; with a controller I'd be shooting at the air.

PC gaming is expensive compared to consoles. You never said if you have a monitor either.

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
4 months ago#25
lightningbugx posted...
CommonGrackle posted...
It's not just portability. My work area is small, so I'll probably stick with laptops for quite awhile.

You can get a PC that provides more room for a small work area than a laptop.

there's no room for a monitor either :(

I have a bureau that's got like a foot of working space and one shelf already has a TV on it

now if I can somehow hook up a tower to a laptop for just monitor and keyboard that would be interesting...is that a thing?
globalist

User Info: the4thstooge

the4thstooge
4 months ago#26
CommonGrackle posted...
lightningbugx posted...
CommonGrackle posted...
It's not just portability. My work area is small, so I'll probably stick with laptops for quite awhile.

I have a bureau that's got like a foot of working space and one shelf already has a TV on it

Just use the TV as a monitor and get a small USB keyboard and mouse and save just a little bit more money for a small desktop computer. As others have said, you'd need double that budget for a decent gaming laptop, but you can get a pretty good desktop for the same price. Upgrade as finances allow.

A laptop will also die much sooner and it won't be long before games start being released that it can't run. Then you'll be out several hundred dollars. I learned this the hard way.
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/digitlsamurai
Retro and modern playthroughs. PC build in profile.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#27
the4thstooge posted...
CommonGrackle posted...
lightningbugx posted...
CommonGrackle posted...

Just use the TV as a monitor and get a small USB keyboard and mouse and save just a little bit more money for a small desktop computer. As others have said, you'd need double that budget for a decent gaming laptop, but you can get a pretty good desktop for the same price. Upgrade as finances allow.

A laptop will also die much sooner and it won't be long before games start being released that it can't run. Then you'll be out several hundred dollars. I learned this the hard way.

Honestly something like cheap laptop and a proper gaming desktop is the way to go. Unless you are a trucker or always on the move then I can see gaming laptops being a thing I imagine.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID: splatter_1 or Captain Splatter
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are laptops worth it for gaming? Or just invest in a PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived